none
Why does my browser randomly load in half screen?

Question

• Why does my screen randomly load in half screen? Every once in a while for unknown reasons, my browser loads in just the top half of the screen. The bottom half is just blank white. How can I fix this/make it stop?
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 2:11 PM

Answers

• Why does my screen randomly load in half screen?

What happens if you open it in Desktop IE?  Then, assuming you would be getting the same content, you could use the Developer Tools (F12) for its Find tool (Ctrl-b) to find out what the content is where you see it missing.  E.g. a possible explanation for such a vague symptom description would be something like ActiveX content which can only show in Desktop IE (for example.)  Etc.

If you have a publicly accessible URL where this is seen and need help analyzing the details, please post it.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:37 PM
  • Hi,

Additionally, I would like to confirm which browser you are using. You can change other browser and perform clean boot to check the result.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:46 AM

All replies

• Why does my screen randomly load in half screen?

What happens if you open it in Desktop IE?  Then, assuming you would be getting the same content, you could use the Developer Tools (F12) for its Find tool (Ctrl-b) to find out what the content is where you see it missing.  E.g. a possible explanation for such a vague symptom description would be something like ActiveX content which can only show in Desktop IE (for example.)  Etc.

If you have a publicly accessible URL where this is seen and need help analyzing the details, please post it.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:37 PM
  • Hi,

Additionally, I would like to confirm which browser you are using. You can change other browser and perform clean boot to check the result.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:46 AM