none
CATALYST CONTROL CENTER: HOST APPLICATION HAS STOPPED WORKING

Question

• Hi I have a Windows 7 64 bit machine. I have 2 ATI HD 4980 PCIe cards. I have never had any issues with this. Rescently I had to do a system restore to a week back and after this every time I start my computer and the desktop loads up I get this error below. When I click on check online for solution, it just doesnt solve anything.

I can launch some games but after a level finishes the game crashes. This never happened before.

I have tried going on to AMD site and installing the new drivers from here http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

Reinstalling drivers didnt fix the problem.

WINDOWS CA CHECK ONLINE FOR A SOLUTION

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: ccc.exe

Problem Signature 02: 3.5.0.0

Problem Signature 03: 4ca242ed

Problem Signature 04: mscorlib

Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 4d8c15a5

Problem Signature 07: 20c8

Problem Signature 08: 143

Problem Signature 09: N3CTRYE2KN3C34SGL4ZQYRBFTE4M13NB

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.4

Locale ID: 2057

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 9:29 PM

All replies

• you might use the latest driver package and do the UNINSTALL from it.
    twice.
    then install it fresh.

--

mikeyshd

Hi I have a Windows 7 64 bit machine. I have 2 ATI HD 4980 PCIe cards. I have never had any issues with this. Rescently I had to do a system restore to a week back and after this every time I start my computer and the desktop loads up I get this error below. When I click on check online for solution, it just doesnt solve anything.

I can launch some games but after a level finishes the game crashes. This never happened before.

I have tried going on to AMD site and installing the new drivers from here http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

Reinstalling drivers didnt fix the problem.

WINDOWS CA CHECK ONLINE FOR A SOLUTION

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: ccc.exe

Problem Signature 02: 3.5.0.0

Problem Signature 03: 4ca242ed

Problem Signature 04: mscorlib

Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 4d8c15a5

Problem Signature 07: 20c8

Problem Signature 08: 143

Problem Signature 09: N3CTRYE2KN3C34SGL4ZQYRBFTE4M13NB

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.4

Locale ID: 2057

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 10:19 PM
  • Please reinstall the video adapter driver and AMD Catalyst™ Control center. If it does not help, I suggest you troubleshoot in Clean Boot Mode.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:04 AM
  • Please reinstall the video adapter driver and AMD Catalyst™ Control center. If it does not help, I suggest you troubleshoot in Clean Boot Mode.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

I havent even got to try the answer yet--I have been trying to mark this post as helpful--for over 20 minutes.  I had to creat a windows live account, verify it, go back and find the help post, try to mark helpful, sign in to this site, then mark helpful, now i can try the suggestion from Arthur Xie.  I hope their preformance isnt linked to this vote, because i could have, and maybe should have, just used the info and been done, now nearly 22 minutes later.  Yes feel free to contact me--this is crazy!!!!!
    Monday, June 27, 2011 3:06 PM
  • I have been having the same problem with my windows 7 system as well. I don't understand a lot about computers so when you say uninstall the drivers and reinstall where do I get these from? Is it on one of my setup discs? Do I have to go to Microsoft? This error message seems to be more of a nuisance than anything. I don't play any games so I'm not having anything crash on me like the original person's problem. I fear that sooner or later I will be in some application where this will be a little more than just a nuisance.
    Friday, October 07, 2011 11:50 AM
  • well thanks shally I was able to solve the problem via your solution 
    Monday, November 21, 2011 1:34 PM
  • When did you encounter with this error message regarding the Catalyst Control Center? 
    ·        What is the exact error message that you get?
    ·        What happens when you try to open the programs?
    ·        What are the applications that you are not able to open?
    ·        What happens when you try to access the webpage’s?
    The error for the Catalyst Control Center is related to the Graphics card installed on your computer, you may check with the manufacturer if there are any updated drivers for the graphics card which needs to be installed to take care of the issue.
    ATI Support link:
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
    You may try to uninstall and reinstall the graphics card and check if that helps.
    To uninstall device
    1. Click on Start menu, type in devmgmt.msc to open the Device Manager. 
    2. The Device Manager will then display a list of installed devices in the right pane of the console. 
    3. Expand the category for Display Adapter. 
    4. Right-click the device and select Uninstall. 
    A dialog box will pop up asking you to confirm ‘Uninstall’. Click OK to proceed.
    Note: While you are uninstalling the network adapter make sure that you select the option to delete the driver software as well.

Restart the computer and check if things are in place
    Monday, December 05, 2011 12:26 PM
  • well thanks shally I was able to solve the problem via your solution 

who the F**k is shally?

:facepalm:

Saturday, December 17, 2011 2:49 AM
  • "TreborG2" wrote in message news:00889d74-5ef5-46f2-aa95-722822a5ce4f...
    well thanks shally I was able to solve the problem via your solution

who the  **** is shally?

:facepalm:

<g>
    The author of the since-deleted post to which Rahul replied.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, December 17, 2011 9:34 AM
  • i just got the "...stop working" error. i thought i was some virus cuase this. now i know it is window again.  sad ;(.  (i just had window 7 couldn't start a month ago )

Saturday, December 31, 2011 8:06 PM
  • funny thing is all moderator belive all home pc users are computer person, they know what they are doing with instruction like above
    Saturday, December 31, 2011 8:07 PM
  • "Annie Yuan" wrote in message news:40203cf1-890a-4f9b-89d0-49c3dcc76cc0...
    funny thing is all moderator belive all home pc users are computer person, they know what they are doing with instruction like above

Sophie
    Your best bet is to start from scratch, and post your error/problem in the proper forum – the Windows Answers forum here....

That forum can deal with your problems in your own terms – this one is designed to act as assistance for professional support workers and the like.

Saturday, December 31, 2011 9:38 PM
  • "Noel D Paton" wrote in message news:94b15101-655b-4bd9-8d5e-125ec52c56ae...
    "Annie Yuan" wrote in message news:40203cf1-890a-4f9b-89d0-49c3dcc76cc0...
    funny thing is all moderator belive all home pc users are computer person, they know what they are doing with instruction like above

Sophie
    Your best bet is to start from scratch, and post your error/problem in the proper forum – the Windows Answers forum here....

That forum can deal with your problems in your own terms – this one is designed to act as assistance for professional support workers and the like.

(Sophie??? - WTH did I get that from???? – my apologies!)

Saturday, December 31, 2011 10:03 PM
  • In that case, uninstall and reinstall the driver (Catalyst Control Centre is part of it).
    Monday, January 02, 2012 6:02 AM
  • "Mark Louis" wrote in message news:2f506663-9f29-4c98-9019-587a90dc6225...
    In that case, uninstall and reinstall the driver (Catalyst Control Centre is part of it).

Actually – the driver is part of the CCC.
    It’s quite possible to uninstall the CCC completely, and just install the driver (which has the benefit that you then wouldn’t need a .NET installation, if you’re running XP)

Monday, January 02, 2012 10:23 AM
  • I've been puzzled with my Catalyst Control Center not loading for weeks now. So I ran msconfig from the start menu (Windows 7 Ultimate) and disbled all my startup and services that boot up with the OS. After going through all my startup programs and services, I came across a service called "Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0. When this service is disabled, my catalyst control center loads just fine. When this service is enabled, catalyst control center does not load and I get the typical window that pops up telling the host application failed to load. This worked for me and I hope it works for others
    Sunday, January 08, 2012 10:19 AM
  • Thanks this worked a treat after reading lots of stuff that didn't work.  Question is will something else not work now with that font cache disabled
    Monday, January 30, 2012 8:13 AM
  • Tried this no good for me I have similar specs to the OP with 5850s in xfire...

Any other suggestions as I have uninstalled and then removed all ATI/AMD stuff from the registry in the past to fix it but its a major hastle...  and it its happening again wish uninstalled everything properly without the need to do it manually or with a third party "cleaner"

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 10:51 AM
  • I have the same problem... In the end tried uninstalling Catlayst software in the control Panel...

My graphics card now works again, without the catalyst software!

This may work for you, until the problem has been ironed out with Windows 7 and Catalyst Contol Centre:)

• Proposed as answer by blueflash4u Wednesday, February 22, 2012 12:09 PM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 12:06 PM
  • I have the same problem... In the end tried uninstalling Catlayst software in the control Panel...

My graphics card now works again, without the catalyst software!

This may work for you, until the problem has been ironed out with Windows 7 and Catalyst Contol Centre:)

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 12:16 PM
  • For me this post at Answers worked!  Bascially you have to unhide the ATI directory in  Appdata for the active user

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-hardware/catalyst-control-centre-host-application-has/0a0ef1b0-117d-43d8-a43f-9b24228b660b

Monday, March 26, 2012 12:00 PM