none
Windows 7 doesn't recognize mouse if keyboard is usb and mouse is ps/2

Question

• i heard that it's a known bug. when will it be fixed already?

system in case: dual core 64bit, msi motherboard, 4gb, 250G and 500G, MS comfort-curve keyboard, logictech tracball, windows 7
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 1:44 PM

Answers

• Ok, so not hardware, then its a driver issue, either install the latest driver from the OEM or have the driver work in Vista compatibility. Lets us know the results.
    MCSE, MCSA, MCDST
    Sunday, December 13, 2009 8:03 PM

All replies

• How do you know its a known bug? From what I'm reading its a Logitech driver issue.  Might have better luck asking here http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprohardware/threads in the hardware compatibility forum

MCSE, MCSA, MCDST
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 2:40 PM
  • We have tested a couple of times, there is no issue with installing USB keyboard and PS/2 mouse together. Regarding your concern, I suspect that you didn't installed the keyboard and mouse correctly. I noticed that you are using Microsof Comfort Curve keyboard, have you installed the keyboard software for Windows 7? Meanwhile, please make sure that the PS/2 port isn't defect and the mouse is connected correctly. You can try connecting the mouse to other available computer or connecting other available PS/2 mouse to test.

Best Regards
    Dale
    Friday, December 11, 2009 3:54 AM
  • We have tested a couple of times, there is no issue with installing USB keyboard and PS/2 mouse together. Regarding your concern, I suspect that you didn't installed the keyboard and mouse correctly. I noticed that you are using Microsof Comfort Curve keyboard, have you installed the keyboard software for Windows 7? Meanwhile, please make sure that the PS/2 port isn't defect and the mouse is connected correctly. You can try connecting the mouse to other available computer or connecting other available PS/2 mouse to test.

Best Regards
    Dale
    Vote As Helpful

How do you know its a known bug? From what I'm reading its a Logitech driver issue.  Might have better luck asking herehttp://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprohardware/threads in the hardware compatibility forum

MCSE, MCSA, MCDST

Hi,
    thank you both for taking the time to answer. Regarding what you said/asked:
    1. i was told my MS support person in israel that they know that issue exists (for SOME keyboard/mouse combinations).
    2. i have linux installed on the same machine, and it works perfectly fine with the keyboard/trackball that windows fails to work with (no driver was needed, of course). Thus, it is not an hardware issue for sure.
    ~dharmax

Sunday, December 13, 2009 7:50 PM
  • Ok, so not hardware, then its a driver issue, either install the latest driver from the OEM or have the driver work in Vista compatibility. Lets us know the results.
    MCSE, MCSA, MCDST
    Sunday, December 13, 2009 8:03 PM