none
packard bell DOT NETBOOK NO Recovery WINDOWS 7 Currupted by VIRUS

Question

• hey there,i have a packard bell dot netbook /atom n450 that did have win  7 starter Edition. theres no recovery option due to hdd gettimg corupted with virus. No back up disc  no windows 7. i have a blank machine cant even put xp on it as theres no drivers for it? need system/win 7 disc obviously has license key to verify it.... HELP please???
    Friday, July 08, 2011 9:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• There's a recovery option for you to restore your system to default setting, infact you should have create a recovery disc in the first place incase your netbook fail & can't boot into windows.

Since you mention you can't access into windows, the other alternative is to press ALT+F10 during POST (power on self test) to enable the recovery management option, if is still not enable, hit F2 when you power on your netbook, next use left or right arrow key to select main menu, press the down key till F12 boot menu is selected, next hit F5 to change this setting to enable and next exit, prior to that remember to save the setting and reboot your netbook and try the above step again

Alternatively you might wanna try safe mode if the above step fail

Saturday, July 09, 2011 1:07 AM
    Answerer
  • hey there,thanks for suggestion.however i cant access any recovery says its empty and recovery disc wont work either??? i need the full system install but it came with no media discs whats so ever. anybody now i can get windows 7 starter edition without paying for another license? thanks
    Saturday, July 09, 2011 12:45 PM
  • Since the built-in recovery methods did not work, You must contact Packard Bell support and purchase a recovery disk from them or send\take the netbook to an authorized repair center.

Saturday, July 09, 2011 12:55 PM
  • well thanks was hoping for it not to cost same as machine did though and the warranty ran out last month...Typical..
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 1:56 AM