none
Unable to download Kaspersky internet security.

Question

• Everytime I try to install Kaspersky Internet Security it states, cannot install, must remove Mcafee Internet Security with site advisor.  I cannot find that anywhere in my computer to remove.
    Please help!
    Japhoney
    Friday, May 15, 2009 1:54 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Japhoney,

Thank you for posting.

I know that a message indicating that you must remove McAfee Internet Security appears when you are trying to install Kaspersky Internet Security; however, you cannot find the item for Mcafee Internet Security and remove it.

After researching, I get the following document. Please try the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool and see if it helps:

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe)

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Since the issue is related to some specific software and we have limited resources to help, it is recommended that you contact McAfee and Kaspersky for support.

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hope the issue can be resolved soon.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Monday, May 18, 2009 10:56 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Japhoney,

Thank you for posting.

I know that a message indicating that you must remove McAfee Internet Security appears when you are trying to install Kaspersky Internet Security; however, you cannot find the item for Mcafee Internet Security and remove it.

After researching, I get the following document. Please try the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool and see if it helps:

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe)

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Since the issue is related to some specific software and we have limited resources to help, it is recommended that you contact McAfee and Kaspersky for support.

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hope the issue can be resolved soon.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Monday, May 18, 2009 10:56 AM
  • Dear Nicholas Li,
    Thanks so much for you help, I when crazy trying to find that mcafee internet security in my compputer.  I went to the website & downloaded tool removal for mcafee & it worked.  So thanks so much for your help.
    Japhoney!
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 4:22 AM
  • Hi,

I am glad that the issue is resolved. It is my pleasure to help you.

If you need some help in the future, please feel free to post a new thread to our forum and we will do our best to help you.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 5:53 AM