none
System Interrupt is eating away my cpu and my time!

Question

• Basically system interrupt is spiking my cpu all the time. It's not really that bad just doing normal tasks but I can notice slight lag on games. I don't have a clue of a way to solve this problem and it's on both of my laptops! Any help would be extremely appreciated :D! Thank you
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 12:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Firstly, if the issue do not occur previously, you can perform a system restore and see how it works.

If system restore does not help, based on my research, please try the following:

1. Update all drivers to the latest and see how it works.

2. Run Performance troubleshooter and see how it works.

3. Refer to Ways to improve your computer's performance and Optimize Windows 7 for better performance. Try to improve the performance and see how it works.

4. Boot into Clean Boot Mode to narrow down the issue.

Meanwhile, if you do not mind, please let us know your hardware information and Windows Experience Index score.

Also, if your both laptops have pre-installed Windows 7, it is recommended to contact your OEMs for help.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:36 AM
  • Hi,

Can you please try to do a system maintenance on your laptop. system maintenance task given below.

Temp files deletion

Disk drive clean up

Defragmentation of drives

Check disk of Drives.

Bad sector of Drives.

After the maintenance make sure you have antivurus installed on it. this help to prevent the slow performance issue.
    • Edited by V.M Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas LiModerator Monday, June 04, 2012 9:20 AM
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:44 AM
  • Processes in Task manager.

You can save your CPU usages by ending up some unwanted processes  from Task manager.

Right click on Task bar and start task manager.

You can also open Task manager pressing Alt+Ctrl+Delete keys on the keyboard.

See the processes which are eating up most of your CPU usage and memory.

Please let me know about your CPU usage so that I can further look into this issue.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 6:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Firstly, if the issue do not occur previously, you can perform a system restore and see how it works.

If system restore does not help, based on my research, please try the following:

1. Update all drivers to the latest and see how it works.

2. Run Performance troubleshooter and see how it works.

3. Refer to Ways to improve your computer's performance and Optimize Windows 7 for better performance. Try to improve the performance and see how it works.

4. Boot into Clean Boot Mode to narrow down the issue.

Meanwhile, if you do not mind, please let us know your hardware information and Windows Experience Index score.

Also, if your both laptops have pre-installed Windows 7, it is recommended to contact your OEMs for help.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:36 AM
  • Hi,

Can you please try to do a system maintenance on your laptop. system maintenance task given below.

Temp files deletion

Disk drive clean up

Defragmentation of drives

Check disk of Drives.

Bad sector of Drives.

After the maintenance make sure you have antivurus installed on it. this help to prevent the slow performance issue.
    • Edited by V.M Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas LiModerator Monday, June 04, 2012 9:20 AM
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:44 AM
  • Processes in Task manager.

You can save your CPU usages by ending up some unwanted processes  from Task manager.

Right click on Task bar and start task manager.

You can also open Task manager pressing Alt+Ctrl+Delete keys on the keyboard.

See the processes which are eating up most of your CPU usage and memory.

Please let me know about your CPU usage so that I can further look into this issue.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 6:26 PM