none
Getting out of safe mode

Question

• I know I'm a little behind on this one laptop, but I'm finally getting around to a Win7 upgrade. The problem is it's stuck in safe mode. I've tried some of the previous post with no success......Thanks for your help.
    Friday, April 19, 2013 6:07 PM

Answers

• Craigerman,

What OS is running when its "stuck in safe mode".  Just call me simple, but if its stuck in what you're upgrading from(lot more specifics would be great bubba) get your needed files/folders/would like to have stuff moved to an external, boot from the win 7 OS disk, delete everything (all partitions...EVERYTHING), re-format, re-partition, clean install.  Ouila!  Whats the problem?! As in the acronym KISS...Keep It Simple Silly(theres actually another word used...gotta be politically correct with civilians though...tender dispositions)....You get the picture.  Happy formatting...8-}

horatio

Saturday, April 20, 2013 11:17 AM
  • Hi,

you need give us more information, what the meaning of stuck in safe mode?

How did you perform the windows 7 upgrade?

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 4:57 AM

All replies

• Craigerman,

What OS is running when its "stuck in safe mode".  Just call me simple, but if its stuck in what you're upgrading from(lot more specifics would be great bubba) get your needed files/folders/would like to have stuff moved to an external, boot from the win 7 OS disk, delete everything (all partitions...EVERYTHING), re-format, re-partition, clean install.  Ouila!  Whats the problem?! As in the acronym KISS...Keep It Simple Silly(theres actually another word used...gotta be politically correct with civilians though...tender dispositions)....You get the picture.  Happy formatting...8-}

horatio

Saturday, April 20, 2013 11:17 AM
  • Hi,

you need give us more information, what the meaning of stuck in safe mode?

How did you perform the windows 7 upgrade?

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 4:57 AM