none
LifeChat LX-3000 Recording Audio Problem, Please Help.

Question

• I have just baught the Lx-3000 Headset and i noticed there is other questions similar to this, but my Question involves two parts.

1.Does the LX-3000 record for seperate audio things to make a audio file, or is it just simply for Windows Live Calls?

2.From the response of question 1 if it is only for Windows Live Calls then thank you from that i have the answer to this, it not then how do i record audio files with the LX-3000 because i installed the software and everything (even though the software isnt displayed anywhere ) and when i try to record there isnt any vocals detected at all, but the earphones work fine.

Thursday, December 02, 2010 2:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

First, I would like to say that it is able to record the sound with your LifeChat headset.

you may refer to the following suggestions:

1. Remove and reinstall Lifechat device

-------------------------------------------

1). Go to Start-> Control Panel (Classic View) -> System icon, and click Device Manager on the left.

2). Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers

3). See if the first or second entry is "Lifechat Lx-3000 Microphone ".

4). Right-click on Lifechat Lx-3000 Microphone and select Uninstall.

5). Unplug and plug the Lifechat Lx-3000 Microphone onto the computer.

6). In the Device Manager, click the Scan for hardware changes button on the toolbar and let it scan your computer.

7). When the system finds the new device, it will request to install the right driver.

Note: If the wizard prompts for some driver Setup file, please download and install the latest driver for Lifechat Lx-3000 Microphone (3.57M)

LifeChat 1.3 32-bit and 64-bit for Windows Vista

2. you may refer to the following KB article:

Enable sounds in LifeChat headset

3. Ensure that you do not have mute set on the headset controller. The LED should NOT be lit

1). Right click on the speaker icon in the notification area. Click on Recording devices

2). Select the headset and make it the default, and then click on properties

3). Levels tab --> set the Mic level to around 75% --> apply --> ok

4. Please test this issue in Clean Boot

5. After that, you can do a troubleshooting to detect what the problem is.

The specific steps are below:

1). Type “Troubleshooting” to open Windows troubleshooting software.

2). Choose “Troubleshooting audio recording” and click “next” to do the troubleshooting.

More information:

Record audio with Sound Recorder

For our hardware issues, we have specialized support for them, it is also recommend to contact our hardware support for help. Thank you for your understanding.

To contact them, please refer to the following information:

Microsoft Hardware Support

Hope the issue can be resolved soon.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, December 09, 2010 5:09 AM
    Monday, December 06, 2010 6:32 AM