none
Windows 7 Serious Upgrade Problem - Avira Anti-virus

Question

• This is what it says when I attempt to update: 
    The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, complete each task, and then restart the upgrade to continue.

• For these items, make the following changes:
    •  
      Uninstall these programs. Open Control Panel and search for "uninstall a program".
    •  
      • Avira AntiVirus
    Now I un-installed Avira about a year ago... Avira is not in my program list, nor in my data files. I cannot find any source of Avira anywhere throughout my system, and it won't let me upgrade without 'un-installing' it =( Please someone help.
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:24 PM

Answers

• It seems be caused if Antivir is not removed clearly.

Here is a page which mentioned a tool to help remove it. Let's have a test.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Please understand that as the issue related to Antivir, we may need to contact their support if it cannot be resolved by the tool.

Tip: I failed to download the tool with click on the downloading link, but successful when right click on the link and choose Save As.

• Marked as answer by Faithlexx Friday, October 23, 2009 10:25 PM
    Friday, October 23, 2009 3:23 AM

All replies

• It seems be caused if Antivir is not removed clearly.

Here is a page which mentioned a tool to help remove it. Let's have a test.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Please understand that as the issue related to Antivir, we may need to contact their support if it cannot be resolved by the tool.

Tip: I failed to download the tool with click on the downloading link, but successful when right click on the link and choose Save As.

• Marked as answer by Faithlexx Friday, October 23, 2009 10:25 PM
    Friday, October 23, 2009 3:23 AM
  • Thank you so bloody much... i'm now up and running on Windows 7 and loving it. (: must've spent hours trying to find how to fully get rid of it. Much appreciate the help, I love you man!
    Friday, October 23, 2009 10:26 PM
  • Glad to hear it works. Have fun with Windows 7.
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 2:36 AM
  • oh i love you, been tryin this for over a month now... thank you so much!!!!!!!
    Sunday, July 04, 2010 8:18 PM