none
When i have no internet connection games crash, with no event information

Question

• I'm having trouble with my laptop, i have an intel i7, nvidia geforce gt 555m. i am using norton 360  anti virus and there is an intel graphics processor. the only time i have problems is when i don't have an internet connection. so im guessing that there is some program trying to update and crashing my games. ive tried turning off various windows services that appear at similar times in the event log, but when i have done this the problem is still there and there are now no event logs that match up with the crashes. i have tried turning off all automatic updates, but it is difficult to know which programs might  be trying to use the internet. any help would be appreciated. thanks 

Sunday, February 19, 2012 6:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,

First, I would like to confirm if the issue only occurs when playing games?  Please go to the manufacturer website and update all the drivers.

After that, I suggest you check the issue in Clean Boot to rule out influence of any third party software.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Clean Boot is a step of troubleshooting, we can go back to normal by running MSCONIFG.

In addition, if you want to know which applications are trying to access Internet, you may check this via Resource Monitor.

Best regards,

Della Li

Monday, February 20, 2012 8:48 AM
  • Disable the NIC temporarily when there is no Internet connection and check whether that makes any difference.

Thanks, Being Human

Monday, February 20, 2012 1:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

First, I would like to confirm if the issue only occurs when playing games?  Please go to the manufacturer website and update all the drivers.

After that, I suggest you check the issue in Clean Boot to rule out influence of any third party software.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Clean Boot is a step of troubleshooting, we can go back to normal by running MSCONIFG.

In addition, if you want to know which applications are trying to access Internet, you may check this via Resource Monitor.

Best regards,

Della Li

Monday, February 20, 2012 8:48 AM
  • Disable the NIC temporarily when there is no Internet connection and check whether that makes any difference.

Thanks, Being Human

Monday, February 20, 2012 1:46 PM