none
MATSHITA DVD RAM UJ870QJ ATA Device Problem

Question

• hi all

from few weeks, i bought a Sony VAIO CR35G laptob, but the dvd drive can't read or BURN any dvds

and the VAIO recovery wizard can't make any recovery dvds , a message pops up "insert a blanck DVD", plz if any body can hel me .......

Monday, July 07, 2008 5:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Let’s try the following suggestions to troubleshoot the issue:

Suggestion 1 If you have installed any CD/DVD-burning software, please temporarily remove them from "Control Panel"-> "Programs and Features".

Suggestion 2 Delete Filter Drivers

======================

1. Click Start, type regedit and press ENTER.

2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. Right click the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} entry, choose "Export", select Desktop in the Save in box and type backup in File Name. Click Save.

Please Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named backup.reg. We can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the backup.reg file.

4. Highlight this key ({4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}), on the right pane, and then check if Upperfilters and Lowerfilters value are present. If so, please right click on the values and select "Delete" to remove them.

5. Restart the computer

Suggestion 3 Reinstall the DVDRAM

======================

1.    Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

2.    Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.

3.    Right-click the DVDRAM and click Uninstall.

4.    Restart the computer.

If the issue persists, to get the issue resolved in a timely manner, I suggest contacting Sony as soon as possible.

Hope it helps.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 2:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Let’s try the following suggestions to troubleshoot the issue:

Suggestion 1 If you have installed any CD/DVD-burning software, please temporarily remove them from "Control Panel"-> "Programs and Features".

Suggestion 2 Delete Filter Drivers

======================

1. Click Start, type regedit and press ENTER.

2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. Right click the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} entry, choose "Export", select Desktop in the Save in box and type backup in File Name. Click Save.

Please Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named backup.reg. We can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the backup.reg file.

4. Highlight this key ({4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}), on the right pane, and then check if Upperfilters and Lowerfilters value are present. If so, please right click on the values and select "Delete" to remove them.

5. Restart the computer

Suggestion 3 Reinstall the DVDRAM

======================

1.    Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

2.    Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.

3.    Right-click the DVDRAM and click Uninstall.

4.    Restart the computer.

If the issue persists, to get the issue resolved in a timely manner, I suggest contacting Sony as soon as possible.

Hope it helps.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 2:50 AM
  • cant delete the key number ({})

Sunday, September 07, 2008 9:13 AM
  • ok i tried all of that and nothing works,in devices propertys it is saying now that it is a CD-ROM Drive
     even though it says its a MATSHITA DVD RAM UJ870QJ, any other ideas,why does everyone have same problem?is this vista that causes this,if so why did they bother making it?
    • Proposed as answer by NayGyi Tuesday, May 05, 2009 5:58 AM
    Thursday, September 11, 2008 12:51 PM
  • I am Facing the same problem is there a solution to this...
    Please help me

Friday, September 12, 2008 9:59 PM
  • i just found out i have the same problem

but it tells my this:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

Monday, November 24, 2008 3:58 AM
  • Same problem, and I just tried suggestion 2………………….. working soooo fine. Thanks Tim Quan

Thursday, December 11, 2008 11:02 AM
  • I did'nt try any of the suggestions

I had a trial of windows live one care and a few days later  a window came up saying that windows could'nt recognize the driver and it gave me a link that said fix now and after i clicked it i was able to find the driver. 
    Thursday, December 25, 2008 9:37 AM
  • ok i tried all of that and nothing works,in devices propertys it is saying now that it is a CD-ROM Drive
     even though it says its a MATSHITA DVD RAM UJ870QJ, any other ideas,why does everyone have same problem?is this vista that causes this,if so why did they bother making it?

I did have same problem and it was due to broken registry.
    I just downloaded two files from here http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=VGNCR420E&LOC=3 . It fixed my problem. Even though I didn't see any same driver for this device there., I downloaded these following two files. (1) Sony® Registry Update for CD/DVD Drives   (From CD/DVD drivers ) and  (2) Disc Software Update   (From Click to Disk TM). It fixed.

I found the full driver of this device after I fixed my problem. You can try it from here. http://rapidlibrary.com/index.php?q=uj870qj+ata+driver .
    Good luck.
    Tuesday, May 05, 2009 6:11 AM
  • THANK YOU!!  This worked...  didn't need to do suggestion 3.  Merry Christmas : )
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 9:42 PM
  • Such a key doesnot exist on my windows 7 x64 and I have the same problem...
    • Proposed as answer by David11.89 Wednesday, June 09, 2010 5:33 PM
    Saturday, May 29, 2010 6:29 PM
  • I have had to install Ubuntu to can writte DVD. It's easiest with "Wubi.exe".
    Wednesday, June 09, 2010 5:36 PM
  • Excelente men, Suggestion 2 was my solution!!!

Thanks!

Saturday, August 06, 2011 10:28 PM
  • Suggestion 2 worked for me....brilliant. Thanks guy
    Tuesday, December 31, 2013 8:15 PM