none
HP Pavilion dv5000 NO SOUND

Question

• I have problems with the driver on my laptop. The Sound Card is not recognized and I have no sound at all. I would like to know if there is any solution to this problem.
    Monday, May 25, 2009 11:30 PM

Answers

• I have finally downloaded Win 7 32 bit and eveything now works fine. You have to download the driver fromo hp.com though but thats no problem. It works great and I like the system Im looking forward to it actually. Thanks to everyone for their interest.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 11:42 PM

All replies

• Miguel,

You should try going to your manufacturer's website and seeing if there are any Windows Vista drivers provided for your sound card. If there are, you can download and install them manually and they should work.
    -Alex
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 2:19 AM
  • I have problems with the driver on my laptop. The Sound Card is not recognized and I have no sound at all. I would like to know if there is any solution to this problem.

If you can tell us more specifically what the sound chip is in your laptop, we may be able to better assist you.  Examples would be Realtek, Intel, Creative, etc. 
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 3:42 AM
  • product name: Pavilion dv5000
    product number: EZ536UA#ABA
    Serial Number: CND6290181

Sound Card
    Manufacturer: Conexant
    Model: Conexant AC-Link Audio
    Driver: camc6aud.sys
    Saturday, January 19, 2008
    Supported

I have tried www.conexant.com but there are no supported driver for either VISTA or Windows 7...
    Friday, May 29, 2009 8:11 PM
  • They would be on HPs website. Did you look there?
    Friday, May 29, 2009 8:21 PM
  • I just tried that. There is a driver only available for Win Vista but it doesn't work.
    This laptop has a Turion 64 Processor and I installed Windows 7 (64bit), is this a problem? I mean, aren't the drivers suppose to work for ALL kinds of OS.

Should I switch to Windows 7 (32 bit)?
    Friday, May 29, 2009 9:18 PM
  • Miguel,

If there is a 64-bit driver that works on Windows Vista x64 but does not work on Windows 7 x64, there is not a very good chance that the 32-bit Windows Vista driver will work on Windows 7 x86.
    -Alex
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 9:38 PM
  • I've got the same issue on my HP dv5000.  Did you find a driver that works?

Thanks
    Monday, June 01, 2009 11:33 PM
  • i am using Hp dv9000 works fine with me all hardware are installed through windows update
    Wednesday, June 03, 2009 6:59 PM
  • Yea, I am going through the same thing. I have had Windows 7 now since it came out in Beta, and the drivers never worked. I have tried many.
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 5:24 AM
  • I just tried that. There is a driver only available for Win Vista but it doesn't work.
    This laptop has a Turion 64 Processor and I installed Windows 7 (64bit), is this a problem? I mean, aren't the drivers suppose to work for ALL kinds of OS.

Should I switch to Windows 7 (32 bit)?

No, drivers are specific to the OS and the hardware.

I checked the HP site. Interestingly, when one checks the Vista 64-bit drivers, there is no audio driver shown. Laptop manufacturers provide different specifications for hardware that sometimes requires that their drivers are needed.

All of your devices have drivers for Vista 32-bit. It appears that you would need to use Win 7 RC 32-bit to have full functionality of all devices. ie. quick launch buttons, etc. if you cannot resolve this issue.

Perhaps the volume controls are not functioning.

Are there any unidentified devices or non-working devices in Device Manager? Does the audio device show as working in Device Manager?

Is the BIOS updated to the most recent version?
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 11:29 AM
  • Well... I think the whole point of using Windows 7 is to use it FULLY functional not with some errors. I understand that Microsoft is doing something remarkable by "lending" us their newest OS, but It would also be really useful that the developers of software could take a look at all this data. I guess that by June 2010 they would have already seen at this messages and done something about it.
    Anyway... I will try to download the 32 bit version and try it out. Thanks for your support and time.
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 7:58 PM
  • I believe the whole point of a release candidate is to get the product in the customers hands to test. I would imagine it is difficult to release a perfect product without working out bugs in practical home use. The best way to do so is the way it is done.
    • Edited by Adam M MCP Wednesday, June 10, 2009 8:10 PM
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 8:01 PM
  • Notebook manufacturers spec the hardware for their design and modify the Windows OS to match their design. Notebooks are not generic compilations of hardware. The hardware typically requires the manufacturer's software and drivers for proper interoperability.

HP did take the time to provide Vista drivers for an XP machine. It is their responsibility to support the product. Not Microsoft. But you know that HP will want you to purchase a new computer, don't you?

So, you only have one hardware issue with an RC. That's really amazing for older proprietary hardware. You have until Oct 22, 2009 to find a solution and then you'll be ready to run Win 7 when it's officially released.

Why be upset? This is the final testing phase. Find a solution and help others with the same computer.
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 10:11 PM
  • I have finally downloaded Win 7 32 bit and eveything now works fine. You have to download the driver fromo hp.com though but thats no problem. It works great and I like the system Im looking forward to it actually. Thanks to everyone for their interest.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 11:42 PM
  • I had same problem and after three days, I got it solved.  It's a process, but it worked for me. 

Go to Hp's website and download the driver 35558 and attempt to install it.  It won't work, but it will copy the files to the folder c:\swsetup\Sp35558.

Next, go to Realtek's site and download the Vista, Windows 7 HD audio driver and unzip it.  Folder will be called Vista_Win7_R227.  Run the setup that's in that folder then reboot when it's finished.

Then, go to the device manager and navigate to the Audio device and choose update driver.  Don't let Windows search for a driver, but choose to browse for it.  On the next page, choose "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer."  On the next page, choose have disk and navigate to c:\swsetup\Sp35558 and choose the file that it finds in that folder and install.  It may give you a warning that it won't work (I tried so many different drivers I lost track), but install it anyway.  

Voila, sound on an Hp dv5000 Turion 64 laptop running Windows 7 64bit. It was instant success for me so I hope it works for you.

Good luck. 
    • Edited by CrashGordon Thursday, June 25, 2009 2:17 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Maklioso Friday, June 26, 2009 10:50 PM
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 1:53 AM
  • This well-detailed process worked beautifully for me as well.  I would just like to add that to locate driver 35558, just go to hp.com and search for 'sp35558'.  Thank you to CrashGordon!
    Friday, June 26, 2009 10:51 PM
  • this also worked great for me, its people like you that make this whole internet thing worth while, thanks again crash
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 7:52 AM
  • Glad to see it works for others as well.  I pulled my hair out over this until I pieced together processes that I read about in other threads and stumbled on this. 

Happy computing.
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 12:42 PM
    hi guys i have the pavilion dv5000 and i install win 7 (32bit) and i don't have sound. can i have the drivers plz?
    my mail is logdas08@gmail.com.
    thx.
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 1:39 PM
  • I had the same issue, NO SOUND on my HP DV5000 with Windows 7 Ultimate X64.

I solved it with some changes in HP's driver INF

http://rapidshare.com/files/365623963/SP35558_win7ultimate.zip.html 

Saturday, March 20, 2010 12:24 AM
  • thanks, you saved my life!!! hauhuahau

Voila, sound on an Hp dv5000 Turion 64 laptop running Windows 7 64bit. It was instant success for me so I hope it works for you.

André from Brasil.

Sunday, June 27, 2010 9:56 PM
  • After 3 months of headaches with this storyof the soundcard not working, and right before giving up and thinking about trying with 32bit W7 version, I tried your solution...

THANKS A LOT, SOUND FROM MY PAVILION AT LAST!!!

Friday, August 06, 2010 7:49 PM
  • Go To Control Panel,Device Manager, select other Devices, Audio Device with the Yellow Exclamation and click update driver, let windows find one online and it will do all the work. That's it.
    Sunday, March 27, 2011 7:24 PM
  • CrashGordon is hero! Fix worked for me: HP Pavillion DV5000 upgraded to OS Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Saturday, June 25, 2011 9:28 PM
  • just wanted to let everyone know that the secret to making this driver install is very simple no vodoo. i have dv5000 that i installed windows 7 x64 on and i've literally been trying to get a driver to work for my audio for three days to no avail. for the most part i've found suggestions of editing the info files inside the program to match your individual device id found under your properties, no matters how this was devised it didn't work. i tried at least 10 different drivers and about 30 variations of installing these (antivirus off, firewall off, using every option in compatibility modes ran as admin and otherwise). Tried almost every pre-installed driver that made sense to no avail.

What you have to do is very simple download the sp35558.exe driver from hp's website. Then go to control panel, hardware and sound, then right click the audio driver in question (in my case it was under the other devices, multimedia audio controllers, then click "browse my computer for driver software", then click "let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer", scroll all the way down to sound video and game controllers click it, then click the "have disk" option, locate the file (automatically downloaded under c: in my case, sub heading "swsetup", sub heading sp35558, then click sub heading cp6308ba then hit ok, and allow the program to install. voila, fixed with ease only took me 3 days to figure this out and i'm fairly computer savvy g/l to whoever else has this problem in the future and i hope they see my post quickly.

Sunday, December 02, 2012 2:18 AM