none
Vista Printing on Designjet Plotters

Question

• I am considering upgrading to Vista, but have a HP Designjet 750C color plotter that is no longer supported by HP.  Will XP print drivers work on Vista, or am I looking at a compatabliity problem?
    Monday, February 12, 2007 6:48 AM

All replies

• I have the same issue...Designjet 750C on Vista 46bit

I have tried several listed drivers and the DJ1050 works, just about.  An AutoCad dwg will plot perfectly except  not in colour.

Hope this helps you until HP sorts it out. 

ps. Or until some clever code person give us a fix!!

Thursday, February 15, 2007 5:41 PM
  • On looking at HP site it is clear they have no intention of providing vista drivers for most designjets.  In view of this can someone tell me why the vista drivers for designjet 1050c work perfectly except colour?  Can a workaround be found to fix the colour problem?

I have tried using drivers off the X64 disk without success. (lack of knowhow I think)

I am using vista 46bit and designjet 750c

Saturday, February 17, 2007 5:44 PM
  • I too have a problem, I use a DesignJet 650c for banners and posters for the chruch. It will not work under Vista 64. I can't even reload the XP drivers because Vista says that they are not compatable. HP has been no help. I know that a lot of people have the 650, and 750 series printers and HP needs to support us, or Microsoft needs to reissue the XP driver updated for Vista 64. Personally I am ready to can Vista 64 and return it to MS for a refund.
    Sunday, April 15, 2007 10:50 PM
  • Fr. Philip,

Just to update - HP as you say are NOT interested. 

Winline are a company that is interested.  They produce special drivers for plotters (even old pen plotters) and I am told that Vista 64bit support is only days away.

Downside is that it costs about $200...still cheaper than a new plotter and a quick way of solving the problem.

Upside is I will save lots of money by never buying HP products again.

www.winline.com

Good luck

Monday, April 16, 2007 12:29 PM
  • Crythan:

Thank you for the advice, yes, I have purchased my last HP product. We recently replaces 4 printers and guess what, we went to EPSON not HP.

I e-mailed WinLine about the driver.

Thanks again.

Fr. Philip +

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 6:33 PM
  • This is all windows. All HP plotters print great from VIsta I have a HP designjet 750C that is printing fine useing the XP driver vist is based on XP and is the same. When loading the XP drivers yes Vista will tell you that it's not digitialy signed or not compatible- this is just built in to quetions all older products to get you to buy NEW products is a scam you simply click contnue anyway and finish the installation and it works great. Do not blam HP for Bill gates greed..
    Friday, February 15, 2008 1:04 PM
  • Akenbake is absolutely right. I was excited to read this thread because I was scared because I could not find a vista driver for my hp 650c. I just went to hp's site and downloaded the driver for windows xp, and now my plotter is up and running again. I love this plotter and am glad it will continue to print my construction plans again. Thanks a million.

Thursday, October 09, 2008 4:12 AM
  • I tried to use the XP driver, but I am running Vista 64 and it will not run on this system. There seems to be little support for 64.

Thursday, October 09, 2008 7:11 PM
  • Hello again Fr. Philip,hope you are well.

You are correct...no drivers available from hp for Vista 64 for the designjet 750c.

Some good news though,  I had an offer to test the Winline classic 8 beta for 64bit and it works fine on vista 64. 

So the only remaining issue is the cost of winline!!

Friday, October 10, 2008 8:50 AM
  • Those of you with a HP designjet 650C, I had a 24" wide 650C working fine on XP PRO. Now UPGRADED to Vista 64bit machine and plotter will not install "correct" driver. I use this plotter to print acad files. Here's how I got to work in black and white with Vista 64bit. Install printer as normal using windows printer install, but choose windows update, then choose HP 500 plus 24. This one seems to be working so far. I have not tried color as I only print black and white. This may work fine for all capcities of this plotter? Do not know do not really care as long as it works for what I use it for. There is more than one way to skin a cat!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:41 PM
  • I also have a HP DesignJet 750C + plotter and currently use the HP DesignJet Printer Driver v4.65 on Windows 7 Ultimate (Beta) and I was able to print a test page. I also was able to print a stained glass pattern (black only, I do not use color) from Visio. I print through an HP JetDirect Option card (TCP/IP).

The Windows 7 Ultimate is a 32 bit OS and I do not know if the printer driver listed above will work on a 64 bit OS.

Good Luck!
    Friday, May 01, 2009 1:36 AM
  • I'm in the same boat - have HP Designjets 350C and 750CPlus, and am considering a move to new 64 bit hardware and 64 bit operating system.  Microsoft's Compatability pages don't list these plotters, and of course HP doesn't offer 64 bit drivers. Does anyone know if the 64 bit XP or Vista intsall CD's or MS driver update includes a generic HP-GL/2 64 bit driver? I use color most of the time, and would like to stay that way.
    • Proposed as answer by StainGlassPlot Saturday, September 12, 2009 12:23 AM
    Friday, September 11, 2009 3:01 PM
  • I too have an HP 750C+ and am currently running Windows 7 x64 RTM (Release To Manufacture). I found the following instructions on the Internet and it worked like a charm (actually better than HP driver for 32bit OS). You must locate a Windows XP Pro x64 installation CD to perform the installation. Instructions are as follows:

To install the HP DesignJet 750C XP 64 printer drivers from a Windows XP Pro 64 Installation CD using the Add a Printer dialogue:

1. make the appropriate local/network printer selection,
    2. make the appropriate printer port selection,
    3. Use the Have Disk Button
    4. Browse to the CD drive/AMD64 folder and select the DRVINDEX.INF file.

All the XP 64 printers, including HP printers, should be accessible. The files for my HP 750C+, besides the DRVINDEX.INF file according to the Vista Windows Printer Test Page are: PLOTTER.DLL HP75036.PCD PLOTUI.DLL PLOTUI.HLP. All of these are located in the AMD64/DRIVER.CAB file.

I have not tried this installation on Vista x64 but if it works on Windows 7 x64 then it should work on Vista x64.

By the way I too use my plotter for stained glass patterns. I got the plotter from my employer for free and it was in perfect working order.

Good luck!
    Saturday, September 12, 2009 12:33 AM
  • I too have an HP 750C+ and am currently running Windows 7 x64 RTM (Release To Manufacture). I found the following instructions on the Internet and it worked like a charm (actually better than HP driver for 32bit OS). You must locate a Windows XP Pro x64 installation CD to perform the installation. Instructions are as follows:

To install the HP DesignJet 750C XP 64 printer drivers from a Windows XP Pro 64 Installation CD using the Add a Printer dialogue:

1. make the appropriate local/network printer selection,
    2. make the appropriate printer port selection,
    3. Use the Have Disk Button
    4. Browse to the CD drive/AMD64 folder and select the DRVINDEX.INF file.

All the XP 64 printers, including HP printers, should be accessible. The files for my HP 750C+, besides the DRVINDEX.INF file according to the Vista Windows Printer Test Page are: PLOTTER.DLL HP75036.PCD PLOTUI.DLL PLOTUI.HLP. All of these are located in the AMD64/DRIVER.CAB file.

I have not tried this installation on Vista x64 but if it works on Windows 7 x64 then it should work on Vista x64.

By the way I too use my plotter for stained glass patterns. I got the plotter from my employer for free and it was in perfect working order.

Good luck!
    i'm getting access is denied when trying to do this for my 650c ps.  am pretty sure i have full admin rights. is there a way to check that?
    Friday, October 23, 2009 7:40 PM
  • gisguy64114,

could you privide more info. how is your 650c hooked up? what operating system? one quick way to check admin rights is to see if you can change the system time.....
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 1:39 AM

• ***you'll find here all plotters driver

a Third Party Product suggested by same HP (!!), Autodesk and many Others

www.plotterdriver.it
    >>>CAD & Prints
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 5:07 PM
  • OK I figured it out y'all and got it successfully running on my Vista 64 bits.

The last piece of the puzzle is that unlike Vista, Windows 7 does not have a "User Account Control". Thats the item causing the access denied message. The solution is to turn it off:

-Before starting the installation: Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Turn User Control on or off -> uncheck the "Use User Account (UAC) to help protect your computer. Then restart (system will prompt you for this)
    -After restart, run installation as described above with the Windows XP64 disk
    -Enjoy the smile on your face after successful installation
    -Turn the UAC back on, and restart.

Voila!

Hope this helps!
    Tuesday, November 03, 2009 8:20 PM
  • Just wanted to thank everyone for taking the time for writing this tech bulletin. It worked like a top on my new Win 7 Pro 64 bit system and HP 750C E/AO Color plotter in Black on white.  I have not tried the color feature yet.  Its the great people on the forums like this that let me know that there are still good people in this world.  God bless you all.

James

Saturday, July 24, 2010 7:17 PM
  • okay. i didn't have an xp x64 cd so i found the driver on driver guide.com and installed it that way. I installed both the color and the mono. i got a test page to print on both of them but the color is highlighted in blue for some reason and the mono is hightlighted in gray. I can't get anything else to print on either of them. It will maybe put a line on one corner of the page and then spit the rest of the page out. I am running Windows 7 Pro x64 and using the plotter over the lan via a jetdirect card adapter(box on floor that plotter plugs into and ethernet plugs into). I created a simple tcp/ip port for it that matches the ip address that the hp jet direct printer install wizard would give it. don't know what i am doing wrong but any help is appreciated.

Sorry meant for above poster

Thursday, August 05, 2010 2:25 PM
  • I have found drivers on the internet about 10 months ago can't remember where but if someone can give me a place to post them i would be glad to or even an email address. I have Vista 64 bit and Win 7 64 bit and i got my HP 750C Plus printer to work with this guys drivers and instructions. No problem works great!

• Proposed as answer by Dan64bithelp Thursday, March 03, 2011 7:29 PM
    Thursday, March 03, 2011 7:25 PM
  • Hey Dan64bithelp.  If you have the drivers please please please send them to me at  streboryesac(at)hotmail.com

Thanks a ton. - Vista64bit connecting to HP Designjet 750C via jet direct network interface.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 10:41 PM
  • Hey Dan, if you could send a copy of that driver, I'd be very grateful.  Just bought a new laptop w/Win 7 64bit and having trouble getting my 750C+ to cooperate.

Send to:  DHook65857(at) aol.com

Thanks!

Don

Saturday, March 12, 2011 2:15 AM
  • Hey Dan, If you could send me those drivers that would be awesome.  Trying to use my 650C.  Please send too mike@bowwood.net

Thanks

Thursday, March 17, 2011 2:27 AM
  • Please send me the info for the drivers when you find, to lellerbrook@yahoo.com. Thank You  so very much.
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 2:06 PM
  • Hello Dan64bithelp,

could you send the windows 7 drivers to me jochen(at)grashorn.de  please:)

Regards,
    Jochen

Friday, April 08, 2011 8:52 AM
  • Could you please email those drivers to rkr@r4corp.com

Thank you

Sunday, April 17, 2011 3:10 PM
  • Please send me the Win7 64 bit driver for the HP750C+.  thanks so much!
      rosenbau@lafayette.edu
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:32 PM
  • Dan 

Could you please send drivers to jumbajimba@hotmail.com Would be a great help.

Many thanks in advance 

DP

Friday, May 13, 2011 3:48 PM
  • I managed to get the driver to work for Win7 64bit.

If you need the driver, I'll be happy to email you a copy.

Email me at DHook65857 ...aol.com.  I don't come here very often.

DH

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 9:31 PM
  • Please please send the driver or a link to me: solon2099(at)gmx.net

THX a lot!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 2:06 PM
  • Hey Dan,

Just read your info on theHP 750C Plus Plotter.

I am having the same problems trying to get my plotter working with Windows 7 64 bit in colour mode.

Would it be too much trouble if you could also send me those drivers for it to sambronco58@yahoo.com.au

Thanks a million

Sam

Sunday, September 04, 2011 7:42 AM
  • I need the drive for the Designjet 750C Plus for Windows 7 Pro x64.  remns@la.twcbc.com

Thank You,

Bob

Saturday, January 07, 2012 12:15 AM
  • I need the drive for the Designjet 750C Plus for Windows 7 Pro x64. leache_33@yahoo.com 

Thank You,

Abdullah

Saturday, March 03, 2012 1:22 PM
  • I need the drive for the Designjet 750C Plus for Windows XP 32 bit laptop.   joedhayes@hotmail.com

Obviously there is no direct driver from HP but can anyone give me any advise on another option!

I am badly stuck!

Cheers

Joe

Sunday, March 04, 2012 2:24 PM
  • Hello Dan

had Win7-64 bit for two years but never use my HP750C until today. Could you please send me that driver.

Sgtdarryl@yahoo.com

Monday, March 12, 2012 8:34 PM
  • j

Josy did you fin any drivers? I'm in need of them for Vista 32 bit.  Any other suggestions? mcrowther17@comcast.net  thanks!

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 3:29 AM
  • Hello all,

Can sombody send me the windows 64 bit driver for my HP 750C plotter. Just installed windows 7 64 bit.

jdaklopper@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

Fred

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:06 PM
  • Hola, yo tambien necesito el programa para instalar el plotter Hp 750 C PLUS para windows 7 32 bits.

Alguien me puede enviar el programa.

Gracias.

PD: A alguien del foro, le han enviado el programa????

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 4:24 PM