none
WMC TV Signal and WMC Setup button missing

Question

• Hi I'm using WMC W7 U x64. I was in the process of setting up  live tv - scanning channels etc I left it running whilst having dinner. to cut a long story short my son took over the monitor to run his pc and as the monitor is shared between the two pcs, I logged on over RDP from my laptop. WMC gave me a message about not being able to continue over RDP and shut down. On restarting WMC all the TV setup functions are missing, as is the WMC setup button. Have restarted, disabled WMC through Windows features, re-enabled it and even tried a system restore. All to no avail. I can't get the TV Signal setuo or WMC setup buttuns to come back... Any Ideas?

thanks  jordy
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

May I know which way the Media Center get the signal? If you are using a Digital Cable Tuner, please reset the device.

Meanwhile, I would like you to know Windows Media Center doesn't support RDP.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Friday, April 20, 2012 9:29 AM
  • Thanks Niki, 

Actually, WMC does support RDP to a point, just not with playing video. But I can run it and setup recording etc. Anyway, I am using 3 Leadtek DTV1000s tuners to provide the signal. I just want to know if there is a way that I can re-install or reset WMC. As stated above I have tried all the ideas that I have gleaned from the various forums around the place, but nothing has worked. Is there a registry key I can fix up or something?.

I think I'm going to re-install anyway. But it would still be good for future reference.

thanks

jordy

jordy

Friday, April 20, 2012 10:09 AM
  • Hi,

Reinstalling Windows Media Center is to re-enable it in Windows Feature. You have tried it without success.

Please check if the following blog is helpful.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2007/03/16/how-to-repair-media-center-files-and-registry-entries-on-windows-vista.aspx

If the issue persists, you can try repair Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:27 AM