none
Error : Code 0xc004f063

Question

• Hi, was given a used computer for christmas but when i got it, it would not boot. Sent it to a licensed tech to find out the issue. They reinstalled windows vista from the harddrive. Every thing was fine until about 30 min ago, I noticed in bottom right hand corner, it says that the windows isn't genuine. Tried to activate and get the error code: 0xC004f063. What do i do? I tried re-entering the number several times and its not working, still getting the same error. Is there somewhere I can get the missing license? How do I find out what license is missing? Please help!
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 2:09 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you have the genuine licence, please try the following steps:

1.      Please try to activate the windows vista by choosing the change product key option.

Start -> Right click on “Computer” -> Properties -> Change Product key.

2.      Please call the Windows activation department at 866-740-1256 to activate you copy of windows vista after getting the vista disk.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, April 04, 2011 6:48 AM

All replies

• If you paid a "licensed tech" to fix the computer, they are responsible for delivering a properly licenced product.  Contact them and ask them to fix it properly!
    Carey Frisch
    Friday, April 01, 2011 11:56 PM
  • Hi,

If you have the genuine licence, please try the following steps:

1.      Please try to activate the windows vista by choosing the change product key option.

Start -> Right click on “Computer” -> Properties -> Change Product key.

2.      Please call the Windows activation department at 866-740-1256 to activate you copy of windows vista after getting the vista disk.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, April 04, 2011 6:48 AM