none
error 0x000003e3

Question

• I have a desktop computer running windows xp professional service pack 3 with an hp laserjet 6p attached to the lpt 1 port and it is shared over the network with other xp machines but I cannot connect to it with my laptop which is running windows vista home basic.  When I try to connect it tells me I need to install the deiver but then returns with the error code of 0x000003e3. Any ideas as to how to fix this?

Thursday, November 13, 2008 11:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please follow the steps below to install the shared printer.

Add a shared printer

1. Click Start, click Control Panel and double click Printers.

2. On Keyboard press Alt, then click File->Run as administrator->Add Printer.

When UAC window pops up, click Continue to go on.

3. Select "Add a local printer".

4. Select "Create a new port". Choose "Local Port" as the type of the port.

5. In the box "Enter a port name", type the address as the following format.

\\[IP address of the host computer]\[The Share Name of the printer]

Then click Next.

Note: if there is any space exists in the Share Name, we have to quote the name in the address as following.

\\[IP address of the host computer]\”[The Share Name of the printer]”

6. Follow the instruction to finish the installation. During installing, choose the correct driver in the driver list.

Hope it helps.

Monday, November 17, 2008 7:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please follow the steps below to install the shared printer.

Add a shared printer

1. Click Start, click Control Panel and double click Printers.

2. On Keyboard press Alt, then click File->Run as administrator->Add Printer.

When UAC window pops up, click Continue to go on.

3. Select "Add a local printer".

4. Select "Create a new port". Choose "Local Port" as the type of the port.

5. In the box "Enter a port name", type the address as the following format.

\\[IP address of the host computer]\[The Share Name of the printer]

Then click Next.

Note: if there is any space exists in the Share Name, we have to quote the name in the address as following.

\\[IP address of the host computer]\”[The Share Name of the printer]”

6. Follow the instruction to finish the installation. During installing, choose the correct driver in the driver list.

Hope it helps.

Monday, November 17, 2008 7:53 AM
  • I have a similar problem.  I have a desktop and laptop both running Windows 7 Home Premium.  HP 6500 wired to desktop.  Was always able to print from laptop (wireless network through the desktop) then suddenly cannot print.  Removed printer from laptop and tried to add it back.  Received same error message as dad929 above.  Tried re-creating home network.  Still cannot add printer.
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 8:01 PM
  • dude it does n't works

please tell me any other otion.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 12:51 PM
  • Hi,
    Thanks problem solved
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 12:37 PM
  • HI

i have desktop computer running on window7 and hp laptop running on vista32 bit operating system. Both are on network. On desktop computer one printer is attached name HP DeskJet812C i want to connect this printer on laptop but when i go to connect it shows the error code 0x000003e3.Please suggest for the same.

Monday, October 08, 2012 9:03 AM
  • hello

It does not work. Network path was not found error shows.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:19 AM