none
unhandled error in silverlight application 2103

Question

• I have windows 7 and silverlight 5. I have watched recorded tv many times on windows media center, but for the last month or so, a page always pops up when I try to start a tv show. It says unhandled error in silverlight application code 2103 line 53 char 13. When I googled how to fix it, the answer was always something about going into project properties and then startup object and changing the namespace. I have no idea what that means or how to do it. Any suggestions in layman's terms?
    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• are you referring to recorded tv or Internet TV? sounds more like Internet
    TV/Netflix etc.  than recorded TV. You can try uninstalling Silverlight and
    installing the latest version. See
    for help with this.

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 00:26:51 +0000, april_j wrote:

>I have windows 7 and silverlight 5. I have watched recorded tv many times on windows media center, but for the last month or so, a page always pops up when I try to start a tv show. It says unhandled error in silverlight application code 2103 line 53 char 13. When I googled how to fix it, the answer was always something about going into project properties and then startup object and changing the namespace. I have no idea what that means or how to do it. Any suggestions in layman's terms?

Barb Bowman

http://www.digitalmediaphile.com

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 10:49 AM
  • Usually what I watch is under the guide, mostly the Today Show.  I actually did try uninstalling and reinstalling siverlilght. I still had the same problem. I now have the latest version, but no difference. Any other suggestions?

April Jenson

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 12:07 AM
  • Hi,

According to this error, you can refer to this similar thread Unhandled error in Silverlight Application (Error:2104) when trying to run internet TV in WMC.

In addition, it seems this issue is more related to Silverlight, I suggest you post this issue in General Silverlight forum for further discussion.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 3:02 AM
  • some people have found that apps like VLC and other installed video codecs
    interfere with Silverlight. This thread is about Netflix, but take a look

If this is not your issue, please start a new thread on experts, and not the
    Silvberlight Forum as recommended in another reply as I doubt you will find much
    help in a programmers forum.

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 00:07:11 +0000, april_j wrote:

>Usually what I watch is under the guide, mostly the Today Show.  I actually did try uninstalling and reinstalling siverlilght. I still had the same problem. I now have the latest version, but no difference. Any other suggestions?
    >
    >
    >April Jenson

Barb Bowman

http://www.digitalmediaphile.com

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 12:03 PM