none
mkc.msi not found

Question

• When I try open the keyboard and mouse center I get a dialog box saying mkc.msi can not be found and am given a option to browse for it. I have scanned the entire the single hard drive on the system and it is not found. Were do I get it, or what went wrong when I installed it?
    Monday, September 03, 2012 1:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• Unless you give more information you will not be given reasonable answer. For general user problems there is better platform here

answers.microsoft.com

Refards

Milos

Monday, September 03, 2012 4:21 PM
  • If I am not mistaken, the OP is referring to this.  

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/downloads/mouse-keyboard-center

Don't forget to mark your posts as answered so they drop off the unanswered post filter. If I've helped you and you want to show your gratitude, just click that green thingy.

• Edited by Knuckle-Dragger Monday, September 03, 2012 5:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by Maqista Monday, September 03, 2012 10:55 PM
    Monday, September 03, 2012 5:44 PM
  • That link was great, except that it specified windows 8.  Do you know of one for Windows 7?
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:43 PM
  • I just encountered this problem of "mkc.msi" not found in Windows 7 64-bit when trying to open the Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Center.  To be honest I was a bit concerned about re-installing because this feature has had several Microsoft Updates.  Moreover, there did not appear to be any official Microsoft downloads except for the Windows 8 version.  It has not been made clear if the Windows 8 version is backward compatible.  If it isn't then I guess the only re-install option is to uninstall the Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Center and all of its updates, then re-install Intellipoint 8.2 (assuming an official copy can be found) and let Microsoft Update fill in the details with the Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Center for Windows 7 (32/64).

However, in my case there turned out to be a much simpler solution.  It was only my shortcuts (start menu and desktop) that were corrupt.  The .exe for the Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Center in Program Files was still in working order.  So all I had to do was delete my two shortcuts and then replace them from the Program Files .exe.  Nothing had to be re-installed at all.  If this works for you, I highly recommend it over a re-install.

Nonetheless, I would like to know if the Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Center for Windows 8 will install on Windows 7 in case I need it.

1011::1000

1011::1000

• Proposed as answer by Leontief Saturday, March 30, 2013 6:28 PM
    Saturday, March 30, 2013 6:27 PM
  • I have the same problem too. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard software secretly installed itself in an external harddrive. And it won't run unless I plug-in that harddisk.

You can see the drive letter/path in the pop-up dialog box. I don't know how to fix it too.

Saturday, May 18, 2013 3:01 AM
  • no it does not work on win 7
    Sunday, July 28, 2013 11:54 AM