none
reinstall local data files

Question

• need to address issue of what are "local data files"? Is this a Windows 7 issue?  How do I reinstall local data files? Not clear on the error message and cannot access Internet???
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 3:18 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The meaning of local data files is that the files are stored on the local disk. It is a very common expression on computer, so I really do not know what kind of issue you encouter. If you received an error message, please post it here.

Also, you may take a screenshot and upload it to Skydrive, then post the link here. We will understand what you are encountering.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 02, 2012 7:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The meaning of local data files is that the files are stored on the local disk. It is a very common expression on computer, so I really do not know what kind of issue you encouter. If you received an error message, please post it here.

Also, you may take a screenshot and upload it to Skydrive, then post the link here. We will understand what you are encountering.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 02, 2012 7:17 AM
  • Hi Juke,

I am not able to access internet because when I try it says I must "reinstall local disk". Is it referencing a Windows 7 disk? This message has never occurred before. All I've done is try to open a memory stick and it asked me to format it. I didn't choose to format but it looks like I lost precious work on that stick.  What do I do? Can u fix this?

Danita Applewhite
    Thursday, January 05, 2012 8:54 AM