none
Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family

Question

•  

I am also getting the message the the display driver has stopped working but fully recovered whenever I try to play games.  I went to the device manager and had it update the driver and it says I have the newest driver.  So updating the driver is not an option.  It is getting to the point I'm ready to chuck the computer.  We bought this computer so that I could play games on it, yet most of the RPG and Sims type games error out and black the screen.  It does it on Fate, (which came with the computer), all of the Tycoon games, and the latest is a new game ***'s Kitchen.  I thought Microsoft and Intel are supposed to be the best on the market.  But, I'm thinking maybe they should improve what they have in order to stay the best.  What is the point of charging so much money for computers that only half work?   If anyone has a resolution to this problem I would greatly appreciate it.
    Sunday, June 29, 2008 1:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Windows Vista has indicated the issue is caused by display driver. I suggest we mainly focus on the display driver first.

Suggestion 1: Check game compatibility

==================================

Generally, most game manufacturers provided their compatibility information with operating system, display card, and the related settings.

Therefore, if the issue only occurs when playing certain games, it is recommended to firstly visit the game manufacturer websites to check whether there are any compatibility issues between the game and Windows Vista or Intel graphics , and whether there are new patches for the games.

Suggestion 2: Remove display driver and manually install latest driver.

1.Please download the latest driver from following link:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=2102

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

2. Click the Start Button, type devmgmt.msc in the Start Search box and press Enter.

3. Navigate to the display adapters-> Intel Graphics Controller.

4. Right click the drive, and click "Uninstall".

5. Please install the downloaded driver manually.

Suggestion 3: Test the issue in Clean Boot.

1. Click the Start Button type "msconfig" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.

2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

4. Restart the computer to test this issue.

Note: To restore the computer to use a Normal Startup, repeat step 1 above. Then click "Normal Startup" on the General tab, click "OK", and then restart the computer.

Does it work?

Monday, June 30, 2008 11:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Windows Vista has indicated the issue is caused by display driver. I suggest we mainly focus on the display driver first.

Suggestion 1: Check game compatibility

Generally, most game manufacturers provided their compatibility information with operating system, display card, and the related settings.

Therefore, if the issue only occurs when playing certain games, it is recommended to firstly visit the game manufacturer websites to check whether there are any compatibility issues between the game and Windows Vista or Intel graphics , and whether there are new patches for the games.

Suggestion 2: Remove display driver and manually install latest driver.

1.Please download the latest driver from following link:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=2102

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

2. Click the Start Button, type devmgmt.msc in the Start Search box and press Enter.

3. Navigate to the display adapters-> Intel Graphics Controller.

4. Right click the drive, and click "Uninstall".

5. Please install the downloaded driver manually.

Suggestion 3: Test the issue in Clean Boot.

1. Click the Start Button type "msconfig" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.

2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

4. Restart the computer to test this issue.

Note: To restore the computer to use a Normal Startup, repeat step 1 above. Then click "Normal Startup" on the General tab, click "OK", and then restart the computer.

Does it work?

Monday, June 30, 2008 11:00 AM
  • Many games don't know how to handle integrated graphics cards, finding no card explicitly listed in your hardware. You can use 3danalyze to emulate some of the features a normal graphics card may provide or simply purchase a new one if you have any open slots.
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 11:13 PM