none
Windows 7 keeps freezing.

Question

• it happens at randoms like it will freeze sometimes when im watching videos but it will also freeze when i just leave for a while and come back. please help me get it to stop!

my computer system properties:
    Windows 7 Professional
    Processor: AMD Phenom9tm0 9150e Quad-core Processor  1.80 GHz
    RAM: 5.00 GB (4.87 GB usable)
    System type: 64-bit

• Edited by Mr_fuzz101 Saturday, February 06, 2010 4:39 AM forgot to ____ system prop.
    Saturday, February 06, 2010 4:35 AM

Answers

• Hi Mr_fuzz101,

Please check if the issue occurs in Clean Boot. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we continue to narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

Also, when the issue occurs, please press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on the keyboard to bring up Task Manager. Click Processes tab and then find the process which is taking the most usage of the CPU.

Besides, please download the Process Explorer at Process Explorer v11.33 and then monitor the processes to see if the culprit can be found.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, February 12, 2010 1:34 AM
    Monday, February 08, 2010 7:11 AM

All replies

• are the videos on the net or locally?

Could be a problem with your video driver, check for an update.

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe RaidMax Smilodon, 680W, Asus M2NBP-VM CSM AMD X2 4200+, 2GB DDR2-800, x600, more details on my site, need a video card for the Windows machine, the 8600 GT fried
    Saturday, February 06, 2010 4:38 AM
  • on the net.
    Saturday, February 06, 2010 4:40 AM
  • then it could be network congestion. Depending on the type of video sometimes you can increase the buffering.

If not, then there is little that can be done.

Youtube is fast, not so sure about other sites.

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe RaidMax Smilodon, 680W, Asus M2NBP-VM CSM AMD X2 4200+, 2GB DDR2-800, x600, more details on my site, need a video card for the Windows machine, the 8600 GT fried
    Saturday, February 06, 2010 4:54 AM
  • Hi Mr_fuzz101,

Please check if the issue occurs in Clean Boot. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we continue to narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

Also, when the issue occurs, please press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on the keyboard to bring up Task Manager. Click Processes tab and then find the process which is taking the most usage of the CPU.

Besides, please download the Process Explorer at Process Explorer v11.33 and then monitor the processes to see if the culprit can be found.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, February 12, 2010 1:34 AM
    Monday, February 08, 2010 7:11 AM
  • Hi Mr_fuzz101,

Please check if the issue occurs in Clean Boot . If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we continue to narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

Besides, p lease download the Process Explorer at Process Explorer v11.33 and then monitor the processes to see if the culprit can be found.

Regards,

Linda

Hi Linda,

I have the same problem.

Unfortunately you can't check Task Manager because your mouse and keyboard are frozen. The only way out is a power re-set.

Friday, March 05, 2010 5:58 AM
  • Hi thebiker41,

Please post a new thread about your issue for further discussion. J

Friday, March 05, 2010 8:35 AM