none
Audio driver not supported

Question

• hi,
    I am using Intel 945GCL motherboard. After installation of the OS, all the other devices started working fine except for my speakers. The initial driver was the inbuilt HD Audio one but it did not work. Then i used the XP and Vista drivers for my PC audio in the compatibility mode, both did not work. the nearest i got to getting a sound out of my speakers was with my XP drivers which sounded like someone scratching their nail on the glass. So please help me.

thanks in advance....
    Monday, July 13, 2009 2:36 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Your issue is most likely caused by the compatibility issue between the driver and hardware device. First you might keep windows update regularly to obtain the latest driver for your device. Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

Please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!
    Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Friday, July 17, 2009 10:41 AM
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:10 AM

All replies

• Hi, when you say the inbuilt driver didn't work, did you mean that it was installed correctly, but no sound came from the speakers?
    Intel only show a 945gclF - or is this an oem board made by intel?

Never ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly".
    My hangouts Format and Reload or Windrivers
    Monday, July 13, 2009 2:59 PM
    Answerer
  • Yes, the driver installed itself correctly and no sound came from the speakers.. The device manager and the troubleshooter says that i do not have any problem with the audio device. My motherboard is Intel 945GCL, i have confirmed that with the Intel board ID tool.
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 5:33 AM
  • Hello,

Your issue is most likely caused by the compatibility issue between the driver and hardware device. First you might keep windows update regularly to obtain the latest driver for your device. Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

Please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!
    Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Friday, July 17, 2009 10:41 AM
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:10 AM