none
Windows XP Mode and Virtual PC

Question

• I'm trying to install the Windows XP Mode and Virtual PC onto my Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 machine, but I'm having problems.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

I enter the information, and when I try to download the updates, it asks me to run a validation process. I run the process, everything checks out, and when I click continue, it just flips back to the start and wants me to run the validation program again, but when I do, it says that the update is already installed.

Friday, April 06, 2012 8:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Please Reset IE and then turn Internet Explorer 8 or 9 Protected Mode Off.                               

1. Open Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) or Internet Explorer 9 (IE9).
    2. Click on Tools on the menu bar, and Internet Options
    3. In the Security tab, select the zone that you want to turn protected mode on or off in. (see screenshots below)                                                                                               
    4. Uncheck the Enable Protected Mode box, and click on Apply
    5. Click Ok, close and reopen Internet Explorer to apply                                                     

Then go to http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx and then check whether there is an “add on” or “active X” message below the Address bar. If so, please click to run it. After that, you should be able to continue the steps to download the Windows XP Mode and Virtual PC.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Hope this helps.

Monday, April 09, 2012 8:41 AM