none
Microsoft Windows XP keeps asking me to 'Activate Windows' on the log on screen but I cannot log on to any profile to access the internet to be able to log on!

Question

• Microsoft Windows XP keeps asking me to 'Activate Windows' on the log on screen but I cannot log on to any profile to access the internet to be able to log on!  The computer has already been activated before so I do not understand why it is causing me this problem.  I am running a SR1000 SR1519UK Compaq Presario computer.  I have the installation ID up on the screen but I cannot do anything like phone up and access the internet.  What should I do?
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I suggest calling the Activation Center
    ============================
    Note: Microsoft Product Activation is completely anonymous; therefore, no personal information is collected. The entire activation process will take about 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated.

Please listen carefully to the Interactive Voice System's instructions:
    1. Select proper system number.
    2. Please enter the installation ID when prompted.
    3. Please note the confirmation ID for further use.

Good luck.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, August 26, 2011 7:20 AM

All replies

• "funkymonkeysrule" wrote in message news:ddc7e2b3-6fd8-4995-83fe-711fcce460d3...
    Microsoft Windows XP keeps asking me to 'Activate Windows' on the log on screen but I cannot log on to any profile to access the internet to be able to log on!  The computer has already been activated before so I do not understand why it is causing me this problem.  I am running a SR1000 SR1519UK Compaq Presario computer.  I have the installation ID up on the screen but I cannot do anything like phone up and access the internet.  What should I do?

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
    - IN YOUR OWN THREAD, please

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 8:34 PM
  • Hi,

I suggest calling the Activation Center
    ============================
    Note: Microsoft Product Activation is completely anonymous; therefore, no personal information is collected. The entire activation process will take about 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated.

Please listen carefully to the Interactive Voice System's instructions:
    1. Select proper system number.
    2. Please enter the installation ID when prompted.
    3. Please note the confirmation ID for further use.

Good luck.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, August 26, 2011 7:20 AM