none
windows 7 shuts down randomly

Question

• okay every like 1 hour or so don't know exactly windows 7 just randomly shuts down a blue screen pops up and says there has been an unexpected error and windows needs to shut down i have scanned my computer for virus's spyware and evrything else but i have none. i'm just wondering if it is my computer or windows 7 rc. i have tried it on vista and it seems to work fine but i havn't been on vista for more than 5 hours. it is not an overheating problem caus i have checked the cpu temperature straight  after it happens and that is in the 15-20c area staraight after it happens if anyone else has had this problem and knows how to fix it please reply.
    Wednesday, October 07, 2009 5:52 PM

Answers

• Hi welsh4eva,

It seems some other users are having the same issue. Please refer to the suggestions in this thread.

Sincerely,
    Linda

• Marked as answer by welsh4eva Saturday, October 10, 2009 11:32 AM
    Friday, October 09, 2009 2:01 AM

All replies

• Hi welsh4eva,

Are you sure you're running the RC build of Win7?  At this point in time, the beta will regularly shut down...

Are there any noteworthy events in the event logs?
    Wednesday, October 07, 2009 10:13 PM
  • Hi welsh4eva,

First, please understand that to troubleshoot this kind of issues, we may need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. The troubleshooting steps we can try are limited. Therefore, your understanding is very much appreciated.

However, we also can try the following suggestions to see if the issue can be resolved.

You can first try Last Known Good Configuration. To do this, please refer to the steps below:

1. Restart the computer.

2. Keep pressing the F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears.

3. Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.

Note: If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access using the arrow keys, and then press ENTER.

However, if the issue persists, please also see if the issue occurs in Safe Mode (Restart computer, press the F8 key when the boot menu pops up, select [Safe Mode], and boot up).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

Thursday, October 08, 2009 2:19 AM
  • i'm using 7100 rc build and ive tryed last known good configuration and still happened i will try safe mode. if it dosn't work ill ask my uncle as he's better than most computer shops where i live but he dosn't have windows 7 so dunno but nyway i can do most things so just tell me anything i shud try please will say if safe mode works.

just checked event logs last critical event was kernal-power event id 41.
    has happened 10 times in last week.
    Thursday, October 08, 2009 2:59 PM
  • Hi welsh4eva,

It seems some other users are having the same issue. Please refer to the suggestions in this thread.

Sincerely,
    Linda

• Marked as answer by welsh4eva Saturday, October 10, 2009 11:32 AM
    Friday, October 09, 2009 2:01 AM
  • just checked event logs last critical event was kernal-power event id 41. has happened 10 times in last week.
    I'd be interested in seeing the details of one such event...
    Friday, October 09, 2009 2:15 AM
  • + System

- Provider
          [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
          [ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated
          [ SystemTime] 2009-10-08T18:23:32.299600000Z

EventRecordID 88119

Correlation

- Execution
          [ ProcessID] 4
          [ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer monkeys-PC

- Security
          [ UserID] S-1-5-18
    - EventData
        BugcheckCode 209
        BugcheckParameter1 0x8
        BugcheckParameter2 0x2
        BugcheckParameter3 0x1
        BugcheckParameter4 0xfffff88001781253
        SleepInProgress false
        PowerButtonTimestamp 0

this was the last 1 which occured yesterday

o and they started happening on 14th septemper but were  only every 2-3 days then but since start of october have been getting to 2-4 times a day dependig on how long im on computer for
    Friday, October 09, 2009 5:00 PM
  • thanks is fixed now just had to get different driver for my realtex sound card.
    Saturday, October 10, 2009 11:32 AM
  • Good to hear - yes, a bad driver can certainly cause that bugcheck.  In this case, it was bugcheck 0xD1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ; code running at 0xfffff88001781253 (presumably, a realtek driver?) attempted to write to memory address 8, which is not a legitimate operation.
    Monday, October 12, 2009 10:32 AM