none
Plugged in and not charging

Question

• Hello,

I re-formatted my laptop today, and now the battery icon says "Plugged in, not charging" for most of the time. If I remove the battery/powersupply/reinstall driver it works for a minute or so, then goes back to this.

Pretty sure it's software related, as this happened exactly after a windows re-install.

Anyone had an issue like this they can fix?
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:50 PM

Answers

• Hi.
    Please try following steps to fix the problem
    1. Disconnect AC.
    2. Shutdown your machine.
    3. Remove battery of your machine.
    4. Reconnect AC to your computer.
    5. Startup your machine.
    6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).
    7. Shutdown your machine.
    8. Disconnect AC.
    9. Insert battery.
    10. Connect AC.
    11. Startup again.
    Please try these steps by order, and let me know the result

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Thursday, October 06, 2011 4:27 PM
    Friday, September 30, 2011 4:26 AM

All replies

• Sir,  I suggest you to Turn your Laptop off , after that Plugged off the Battery for 5 min , then plugged to the laptop , turn on your laptop , also try to restore the default setting ( see the picture ) :

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

Regards,

MCP | MCTS | MCITP
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:14 PM
  • Hi.
    Please try following steps to fix the problem
    1. Disconnect AC.
    2. Shutdown your machine.
    3. Remove battery of your machine.
    4. Reconnect AC to your computer.
    5. Startup your machine.
    6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).
    7. Shutdown your machine.
    8. Disconnect AC.
    9. Insert battery.
    10. Connect AC.
    11. Startup again.
    Please try these steps by order, and let me know the result

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Thursday, October 06, 2011 4:27 PM
    Friday, September 30, 2011 4:26 AM
  • Have tried all these on my Dell Latitude D830 and other solutions that are widely available. Clearly, like the many people who have this issue, it is not:

My battery (tried 3 - all work on identical laptops with near new lifetimes)

My adapter (tried a few - all work on identical laptops)

Additionally, the previous OS (Vista) had no problems and having tried XP there were no problems there. Interestingly, Ubuntu 12.04 was where this started. Won't work on the new purchase of Windows 7.

Different makes, different OSs but there seems to be two things in common - Windows Vista/7 and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery drivers.

Absolutely disgusting that Microsoft haven't sorted this after so many years.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:08 PM