none
Error Code 0x80070424 with Windows Firewall, Defender on my pre-installed Windows 8

Question

• Error Code 0x80070424 with Windows Firewall, Defender on my pre-installed Windows 8

Tried to allow access for a program in Windows Firewall, it said I needed to change settings to default, so I

clicked it, then an error code popped up reading "Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings.

Error code 0x80070424". The same error code pops up when I try doing anything in Windows Defender.

I cannot find Windows Firewall or Windows Defender in my services list. From researching this problem, I

have concluded that I possibly have/had malware or a virus or something that deleted these and possibly

other things. I search for possible cause of it and I read that if you have a file called “consrv.dll.”  You’re

infected by a “zero access rootkit.” Fortunately I don’t have that file I search for it on my “hard disk drives.”

What will I do next to turn on my Firewall & Defender? Hope anyone can help me with this thank you.

I'm using McAfee Antivirus

• Edited by staayjun Monday, June 03, 2013 4:34 AM
    Monday, June 03, 2013 4:12 AM

Answers

All replies