none
LG 42LH3000 Windows 7 driver

Question

• Hi

I have just purchased an LG 42LH3000 TV to replace my older Philips 32".  I have a HTPC running Windows 7 Prof 32bit. The Philips 32" lcd was plugged in HDMI to HDMI and recognised fine in device manager with my setup. I was using Roxio CineplayerBD to play my DVDs and Blu-rays without a hickup.

When I swapped over to the LG TV, DVDs stopped working. Not tested Blu-ray yet as I didn't have one to hand (I use lovefilm). I get an error message in Cineplayer just saying there was an unknown error and to update my hardware. Windows Media Player gives this error: 'Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with the digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card'. I updated to the latest nvidia driver and still get the same problem.

In Device Manager, the LG is seen as 'Generic PnP Monitor' which is where I think the problem might lay. However, in the nVidea control panel, it sees it as an 'LG TV' and it also reports there that the system is HDCP compliant.

So I am at a loss at the moment as to what to do. DVDs play fine in VLC player but I know this uses its own codec. Anyway I want to use Cineplayer and keep it simple for the family. I have emailed LG support to see if there is a driver but I am not expecting anything useful back. There is nothing when I search for 'LG TV driver' in google.

If anyone has any ideas I would be very thankful.

Regards

Mark

Friday, August 06, 2010 7:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Mark,

Please run Windows Update to make sure all the device drivers are up to date. If the issue persists, go to Device Manager, right click on LG monitor and then click "Update Driver Software…", click "Search automatically for updated driver software".

Also, go to the DVD manufacturer's website to download and install the latest firmware to see if the issue can be resolved.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Thursday, August 12, 2010 1:17 AM
    Monday, August 09, 2010 6:55 AM