none
Programs are constantly "not responding" after startup

Question

• OK, here is my problem.

My PC has recently become very slow, very slow indeed. Some programs on very low Frames per second, while most programs (and even windows explorer/start menu) Constantly 'not respond' Whenever I click on something (i.e the start button itself) It will not respond for 5-10 seconds, every mouse click - Not responding.

Sometimes every application just locks up simultaneously causing me to shutdown my computer. At one stage my PC could not manage to start up, I tried various System repairs, system restores, Nothing worked.

I was told by many It was a virus and it seemed as so, but no programs were picking anything up. I was clean. (still constantly locking up, after it decided to turn back on) I decided to reformat my PC, restoring it to factory default.

2 hours setup. Still locking up and not responding. I'm clueless It can only be the PC itself can it? Its Only 10-12 months old non-damaged.

May I note the fan is running pretty fast at some times, especially when it locks up. But the CPU is at 1%?

Thanks in advance techies.

Friday, July 05, 2013 11:29 AM

Answers

• Since this forum is focused on the Windows 7 Operating System and not the hardware platform it is installed on it would be difficult to suggest solutions.  You would have better luck finding a hardware forum to discuss your problems.  Try the manufacturer's support website for your system or motherboard since most of them have user forums specifically for discussion of hardware related problems.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Friday, July 05, 2013 4:06 PM

All replies

• Sounds like your system is having hardware problems.  You need to have a computer repair technician run diagnostics on your system to look for hardware faults.  If you had the problem before and after doing a clean install of Windows 7 it is obvious Windows 7 is not the cause of the problem.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Friday, July 05, 2013 12:27 PM
  • That's what I thought but I was wondering if there is anything I can do at home that may help the issue.
    Friday, July 05, 2013 1:20 PM
  • Since this forum is focused on the Windows 7 Operating System and not the hardware platform it is installed on it would be difficult to suggest solutions.  You would have better luck finding a hardware forum to discuss your problems.  Try the manufacturer's support website for your system or motherboard since most of them have user forums specifically for discussion of hardware related problems.

Friday, July 05, 2013 4:06 PM