none
Adobe flash surface rt

Question

• I am trying to access Brainpop on my new surface rt tablet.  I am not sure if this is a flash issue, an rt issue, or a brainpop issue, so I will send them a request too.  When I go to the website all the images are blank.  However, when I go to adobe to check flash to update, it says there is an update, but directs me to your site to install a plug-in that won't install.  I went through all the steps on Adobe, other than an update because that didn't work.  I am one version back.

I searched your site for an update, that won't install on my device because it is windows 8 rt.

Any more suggestions?

Saturday, November 03, 2012 3:38 PM

Answers

• Windows RT only allows Microsoft "approved" sites to work.  Desktop flash updates won't install on Windows RT devices - and Adobe can't bypass the Microsoft Store requirements. Unless Microsoft updates the flash approval list to include "Brainpop" you may be out of luck.

See drawback #1: http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57537730-75/top-10-biggest-drawbacks-of-windows-rt/

• Edited by ABCFED Saturday, November 03, 2012 4:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Niki HanModerator Tuesday, November 06, 2012 7:35 AM
    Saturday, November 03, 2012 4:49 PM

All replies

• Windows RT only allows Microsoft "approved" sites to work.  Desktop flash updates won't install on Windows RT devices - and Adobe can't bypass the Microsoft Store requirements. Unless Microsoft updates the flash approval list to include "Brainpop" you may be out of luck.

See drawback #1: http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57537730-75/top-10-biggest-drawbacks-of-windows-rt/

• Edited by ABCFED Saturday, November 03, 2012 4:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Niki HanModerator Tuesday, November 06, 2012 7:35 AM
    Saturday, November 03, 2012 4:49 PM
  • Thank you.  Now I know what I need to do...contact Microsoft.

Saturday, November 03, 2012 5:49 PM
  • Check here?
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, November 03, 2012 9:43 PM
  • The IE whitelist is found at C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\IECompatData\iecompatdata.xml

Add the desired domain to that list as follows:
    < domain > YOURDESIREDDOMAIN.COM < / domain > 

Now save the list. 

Go to IE10 desktop and goto: ALT —> Tools —> Compatibility View settings. Now uncheck the last checkmark ("Download updated compatibility list from Microsoft"). 

Now go to IE10 Metro: WIN+I to go to settings —> internet options —> delete browsing history. 

Your site will now be working with flash enabled.

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 7:53 AM
  • added abcya.com (a kid learning site) into list, unchecked last checkmark (all checkmark unchecked), deleted history, flash still didnt work

• Edited by icesman Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:14 AM
    Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:08 AM