none
Windows Update error installing ATI Radeon Xpress 200M drivers

Question

• I just installed Windows 7 RC on my HP Pavilion zv6000.  Windows Update finds an update for the driver:  "ATI Technologies Inc. driver update for ATI MOBILITY RADEON XPRESS 200".  The laptop has an ATI Radeon Xpress 200M, so this sounds correct.

When I click the "Install Updates" button, it appears to download the update, and I assume this is working as the percentage download goes into the 90% range.  However, it then immediately displays a red shield with an X, saying some updates were not installed.  "Error(s) found: Code 80200053  Windows Update encountered an unknown error."

It also has a link to "Get help with this error" which displays the following:

0 results for "WindowsUpdate_80200053" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

[This content is preliminary and subject to change.]

Suggestions

• Check your spelling

• Try a different phrase

Other options to try

Has anyone else encountered this or installed drivers for an ATI Radeon Xpress 200M?  Thanks!

Thursday, May 07, 2009 2:51 AM

Answers

• c'mon guys, did anyone try this,(just 1 page away)

Drivers are available through windows update, if windows update don't show them search at the microsoft update catalog; http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=ati+200m , the latest Win7 drivers are dated Dec, 2008 version 8.561.0.0, there are two versions, one willbe 64 bit, the other 32 bit, my guess is the larger will be 64 bit, download and extract with any utility for extracting *.cab files, install with device manager

^^^ Ati's drivers from website won't install on older mobility cards, use these from windows update, pratically the same, maybe different revision thats about all, other than no catalyst control center.... but work just as well and install without mods, warnings, errors
    • Marked as answer by Firethorne Saturday, May 09, 2009 10:03 PM
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 10:13 PM
  • for all, i had the same problem and i solved just installing the catalyst display driver from the release 8.12 for win vista 32 bit
    i downloaded from http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx

Gretings!!
    Saturday, May 23, 2009 5:44 AM
  • 32-bit :)

Sorry for the delay, Ok did the driver installation program start up? Your device number is in the inf file but assuming the installation program started, I have uploaded an inf file for you to try out. I had a list of devices in 2 groups, I have the groups merged in the new inf file, we will see if that helps. If by chance the install program never started for you, or you got an error other than device not found, let me know what the error was and we will troubleshoot from there..
    Please let me know either way, if this fixes something, let me know so I can update the first file...

TEST inf file
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 1:51 PM
  • PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5974&SUBSYS_022A1028&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5974&SUBSYS_022A1028
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5974&CC_030000
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5974&CC_0300

hi, sorry for asking, but i have a radeon xpress 200 and have the same problem i have downloaded several files, and no one works, the thing is that iam using win 7 x64, could you help me??

thnx

OK, I believe it is a Dell, I have a driver originally from Windows Update site, I modded the driver inf file to install for your card, I think my other offering is still the best bet however I have another option if the first don't work, It is just more involved for you to install
    Driver Install Option 2
    Download this file, AMD64 , run it to extract files, Once you have the file downloaded and extracted you must follow these instruction or Win7 will not install the drivers as the generic drivers it uses by default has a newer date. Install by going to device manager -> right click on your display adapter -> select "update driver software" -> select "browse my computer for driver software -> select "let me pick from a list...." -> select "have disk" -> select "browse" -> browse to the folder where your device drivers are located and pick CH_69200.inf (only 1 anyways) and install the driver
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 8:32 PM

All replies

• I got the same error except my video card is ATI Mobility Radeon X1300.

There's no problem for my display driver at the time when I installed on the Window 7 beta Build 7000, but the RC version Build 7100 give me the same error as you had.

I need help tooooo..... Thanks!
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 4:23 AM
  • Yea, me too!!! I have 7100 RC1 evaluation copy and my ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 Was working fine until I reinstalled the EXACT same OS.  Now, whenever I go to update my video driver I get the "80200053" error.  What's up with this? I understand it's still in development stage but, Someone at MS messed up!
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 7:46 PM
  • Hi Guys,

Please go to ATI's website and download the drivers directly from there.

Post back if it doesn't work ;)
    Jabez Gan [MVP] - http://www.msblog.org Contributing Author for: (Sybex) MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure Configuration Study Guide: Exam 70-643
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 7:52 PM
    Answerer

Drivers are available through windows update, if windows update don't show them search at the microsoft update catalog; http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=ati+200m , the latest Win7 drivers are dated Dec, 2008 version 8.561.0.0, there are two versions, one willbe 64 bit, the other 32 bit, my guess is the larger will be 64 bit, download and extract with any utility for extracting *.cab files, install with device manager

^^^ Ati's drivers from website won't install on older mobility cards, use these from windows update, pratically the same, maybe different revision thats about all, other than no catalyst control center.... but work just as well and install without mods, warnings, errors
    • Marked as answer by Firethorne Saturday, May 09, 2009 10:03 PM
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 10:13 PM

Doesn't work. This particular driver was clearly not included in the latest RC for W7......I'm sure they'll get around to fixing it eventually though, lol....
    Friday, May 08, 2009 10:20 PM

Doesn't work. This particular driver was clearly not included in the latest RC for W7......I'm sure they'll get around to fixing it eventually though, lol....

I don't believe it, not for a minute. Your particular manufacturer has forbid ATI to supply the updated drivers, they are there you just have to include your particular manufacturer's model... Please go to device manager -> right click on the display adapter -> properties -> details -> Hardware ID and post it here...
    Friday, May 08, 2009 11:32 PM
  • There ist the Problem, that your X200M ist reeaaalllyyy OLD!
    ATI-Drivers doesn`t run with it (not supported in Catalyst 9.4)

Try to deinstall your Graphics-Driver and look if Windows7 recognizes the driver by himself!
    Saturday, May 09, 2009 8:53 AM

I don't believe it, not for a minute. Your particular manufacturer has forbid ATI to supply the updated drivers, they are there you just have to include your particular manufacturer's model... Please go to device manager -> right click on the display adapter -> properties -> details -> Hardware ID and post it here...

Here you go.......I've tried every trick in the book and I still can't get it to work

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62&SUBSYS_FF101179&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62&SUBSYS_FF101179
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62&CC_030000
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62&CC_0300

Saturday, May 09, 2009 11:19 AM

Here you go.......I've tried every trick in the book and I still can't get it to work

I find is several HP models with that number, well I have one more page in my book, I an downloading from hp to get some more info, then I will build you a driver, my question for you. Do you want it simple and based on the windows update driver or based on the ATI 9.3 release? Are you using Windows 32 bit or 64 bit, or would you like both? give me about an hour...
    Saturday, May 09, 2009 12:46 PM

I find is several HP models with that number, well I have one more page in my book, I an downloading from hp to get some more info, then I will build you a driver, my question for you. Do you want it simple and based on the windows update driver or based on the ATI 9.3 release? Are you using Windows 32 bit or 64 bit, or would you like both? give me about an hour...

Wow, that is very nice of you to offer! I guess I will keep it simple, as you suggested (windows update ATI 9.3) and I need the 32 bit version.

Thank you very much!
    Saturday, May 09, 2009 1:56 PM

• Here you go.......I've tried every trick in the book and I still can't get it to work

OK, sorry, but I want to check with you on a couple things first, I have read all 21 inf files in thw driver from http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=ati+200m and several of the files do appear to support your card, so I have a couple questions for you, I assume you followed my directions and manually downloaded the file from the catalog site, right? First, did you then extract the files? did you recieve an error while extracting? If you look in the folder that you extracted to, do you see 20 or 30 files and a folder named B_72960 ? Are you using 32 or 64 bit Windows 7? Did you try to install by going to device manager -> right click on your display adapter -> select "update driver software" -> select "browse my computer for driver software -> select "let me pick from a list...." -> select "have disk" -> select "browse" -> browse to the folder where your device drivers are located and start at the top, keep selecting inf files until one supports your device, I am certain CH_73153 does for sure cause it reads;
    "ATI Radeon Xpress Series        " = ati2mtag_RC410M, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62" which is your device, and should install using this method. Once you select the appropriate inf file you will be able to install the driver. those &SUBSYS and &CC strings are just for targeting specific models of the same card, if the inf file doesn't include those strings will work for all models that have that VEN and DEV string.
    A couple more pointers, If you have errors extracting the files or the files don't get extracted to your folder shorten the name of the file you are extracting from, It really doesn't need to be that long and some file systems may not support such long file name/ folder name combinations. If you have 32 bit Win7 the file you downloaded from Microsoft should have started with X86, if you have 64 bit Win7 the file should have started with AMD64, if it is the other way around you downloaded the wrong file.
    One more thing Windows isn't that smart, you have to be firm and make it do what you want.
    Saturday, May 09, 2009 1:59 PM

• Here you go.......I've tried every trick in the book and I still can't get it to work

OK, sorry, but I want to check with you on a couple things first, I have read all 21 inf files in thw driver from http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=ati+200m and several of the files do appear to support your card, so I have a couple questions for you, I assume you followed my directions and manually downloaded the file from the catalog site, right? First, did you then extract the files? did you recieve an error while extracting? If you look in the folder that you extracted to, do you see 20 or 30 files and a folder named B_72960 ? Are you using 32 or 64 bit Windows 7? Did you try to install by going to device manager -> right click on your display adapter -> select "update driver software" -> select "browse my computer for driver software -> select "let me pick from a list...." -> select "have disk" -> select "browse" -> browse to the folder where your device drivers are located and start at the top, keep selecting inf files until one supports your device, I am certain CH_73153 does for sure cause it reads;
    "ATI Radeon Xpress Series        " = ati2mtag_RC410M, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62" which is your device, and should install using this method. Once you select the appropriate inf file you will be able to install the driver. those &SUBSYS and &CC strings are just for targeting specific models of the same card, if the inf file doesn't include those strings will work for all models that have that VEN and DEV string.
    A couple more pointers, If you have errors extracting the files or the files don't get extracted to your folder shorten the name of the file you are extracting from, It really doesn't need to be that long and some file systems may not support such long file name/ folder name combinations. If you have 32 bit Win7 the file you downloaded from Microsoft should have started with X86, if you have 64 bit Win7 the file should have started with AMD64, if it is the other way around you downloaded the wrong file.
    One more thing Windows isn't that smart, you have to be firm and make it do what you want.

I did attempt your method and was able to extract the files into the drivers folder, but when I try to update the driver, it just keeps reverting back to the standard VGA display driver, no matter how many times I try it.
    Saturday, May 09, 2009 2:05 PM

• Wow, that is very nice of you to offer! I guess I will keep it simple, as you suggested (windows update ATI 9.3) and I need the 32 bit version.

Thank you very much!

I did prepare a file last night and uploaded it, unfortunately I don't have the machine handy to test. If you want to try the 9.3 version download > Mobility 32 bit Driver < and please let me know if it installs properly. I didn't include the Catalyst software, just the driver. It seems to run better without all the extra software on the older machines, but if you really want, after installing the driver you can add the most recent version of the Catalyst software (9.4), but the driver has to be installed first
    • Proposed as answer by JADNSD Saturday, May 09, 2009 2:40 PM
    Saturday, May 09, 2009 2:09 PM
  • @Lukas
    There ist the Problem, that your X200M ist reeaaalllyyy OLD!
    ATI-Drivers doesn`t run with it (not supported in Catalyst 9.4)

Try to deinstall your Graphics-Driver and look if Windows7 recognizes the driver by himself!

No, it won't because the simple driver it uses has no functionality but is dated newer than the driver offered by Windows Update. that is reeaaalllyyy the reason.... Windows is like you, It thinks newer is always better! Often yes, but sometimes old but familiar has a nice feel to it!
    Saturday, May 09, 2009 2:16 PM

• I did attempt your method and was able to extract the files into the drivers folder, but when I try to update the driver, it just keeps reverting back to the standard VGA display driver, no matter how many times I try it.

Did you follow the instructions exactly because if you don't Windows will revert to that generic driver only because it is dated newer, Windows thinks newer is always better! Also did you try my download yet? It should install anyways if I set it up right..
    Saturday, May 09, 2009 2:22 PM

• I did attempt your method and was able to extract the files into the drivers folder, but when I try to update the driver, it just keeps reverting back to the standard VGA display driver, no matter how many times I try it.

Did you follow the instructions exactly because if you don't Windows will revert to that generic driver only because it is dated newer, Windows thinks newer is always better! Also did you try my download yet? It should install anyways if I set it up right..

Got it! It works perfectly!! Thank you very much!!!
    Saturday, May 09, 2009 2:36 PM

Did you download the file I made? did that one install properly, I am asking cause I couldn't test and I am curious. 
    PS, you are quite welcome,
    Saturday, May 09, 2009 2:45 PM

Did you download the file I made? did that one install properly, I am asking cause I couldn't test and I am curious. 
    PS, you are quite welcome,

I did download it and it did install properly, indeed. Thanks again!
    Saturday, May 09, 2009 2:47 PM
  • Hi! i tried your file on my Radeon xpress 200M series on my HP Pavilion DV5000 but it didnt work.

Here are my IDs for the card.

hardware ids

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955&SUBSYS_30AE103C&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955&SUBSYS_30AE103C
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955&CC_030000
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955&CC_0300

Compatible ids

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955
    PCI\VEN_1002&CC_030000
    PCI\VEN_1002&CC_0300
    PCI\VEN_1002
    PCI\CC_030000
    PCI\CC_0300

Thanks in advance!

/John

Sunday, May 10, 2009 7:29 AM
  • Hi! i tried your file on my Radeon xpress 200M series on my HP Pavilion DV5000 but it didnt work.

Here are my IDs for the card.

hardware ids

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955&SUBSYS_30AE103C&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955&SUBSYS_30AE103C

Compatible ids

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955
    PCI\VEN_1002&CC_030000
    PCI\VEN_1002&CC_0300
    PCI\VEN_1002
    PCI\CC_030000
    PCI\CC_0300

Thanks in advance!

/John

Are you running 32 or 64 bit Win7 ?
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 7:37 AM
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 8:41 AM

Sorry for the delay, Ok did the driver installation program start up? Your device number is in the inf file but assuming the installation program started, I have uploaded an inf file for you to try out. I had a list of devices in 2 groups, I have the groups merged in the new inf file, we will see if that helps. If by chance the install program never started for you, or you got an error other than device not found, let me know what the error was and we will troubleshoot from there..
    Please let me know either way, if this fixes something, let me know so I can update the first file...

TEST inf file
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 1:51 PM
  • Yay! Worked like a charm =). Thank you so much :). You totally made my day.

best regards!

/John
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 4:46 PM

hi, sorry for asking, but i have a radeon xpress 200 and have the same problem i have downloaded several files, and no one works, the thing is that iam using win 7 x64, could you help me??

thnx
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 7:17 PM
  • Yay! Worked like a charm =). Thank you so much :). You totally made my day.

best regards!

/John

You are welcome, I`ll update the original download asap, thanks for the feedback
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 7:29 PM

thnx

Yup, give me a bit...
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 7:30 PM

thnx

OK, near as I can tell the inf file reports your card as
    "ATI Radeon Xpress 1150" = ati2mtag_RS482, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5974
    did you try 64 Bit Version it is the last 64 bit download in the first post in The Definitive ATI Compatability Thread , If that don't work, give let me know and I will either update that one, or post you a better download...
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 8:01 PM

thnx

OK, I believe it is a Dell, I have a driver originally from Windows Update site, I modded the driver inf file to install for your card, I think my other offering is still the best bet however I have another option if the first don't work, It is just more involved for you to install
    Driver Install Option 2
    Download this file, AMD64 , run it to extract files, Once you have the file downloaded and extracted you must follow these instruction or Win7 will not install the drivers as the generic drivers it uses by default has a newer date. Install by going to device manager -> right click on your display adapter -> select "update driver software" -> select "browse my computer for driver software -> select "let me pick from a list...." -> select "have disk" -> select "browse" -> browse to the folder where your device drivers are located and pick CH_69200.inf (only 1 anyways) and install the driver
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 8:32 PM
  • Thx, it works very good, i tried the first option, the one of the post, it didnt do anything i dont know why, but then manually install it from the C:/ati/support folder, and it works, thx for your time and quick answer
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 9:19 PM
  • Ok, great, thanks for reporting back...
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 9:26 PM
  • after installing the driver, i am giving a try to the ati tray tools, its a nice replacement for the CCC, so if anyone wants to try it here it is, so far so good

http://orestech.wordpress.com/2009/05/08/ati-tray-tools-with-win7-rc-64bit/
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 9:56 PM
  • Hi there guys! I am also experiencing problems. I am try to read through this thread thoroughly but cannot glean much sense from it...I have a packard Bell mz36. With an ATI Radeon Xpress 200M. I have downloaded what I believe to believe to be the right drivers from the windows catalogue, but I am a bit lost as in what to do. I have extracted the .cab file to a folder. In the device manager there is no reference to my ati card anywhere.....the computer cannot find it anywhere. I downloaded the program that you had posted earlier, but for me it wasn not running..

any suggestions, as I really want to be running windows 7 with a nice crystal clear display!
    Friday, May 15, 2009 11:56 AM
  • just let you know I have fixed the problem guys, but all the info in this thread was so helpful...thanks very much.

Friday, May 15, 2009 1:05 PM
  • for all, i had the same problem and i solved just installing the catalyst display driver from the release 8.12 for win vista 32 bit
    i downloaded from http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx

Gretings!!
    Saturday, May 23, 2009 5:44 AM
  • I had this problem, too... I had to activate my evaluation copy of Windows Seven to install ATI's driver from Windows Update...

I hope it is useful to solve your problem!
    Saturday, August 01, 2009 4:19 PM
  • PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5974&SUBSYS_21401019&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5974&SUBSYS_21401019

i have a radeon xpress 200 and iam using win 7 x64
    when iam istalling the newest version from here
    http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=ati+200
    it installs, but as a ATI Radeon Xpress 1150

when iam using shakeyplace´s http://rapidshare.com/files/231477234/AMD64.exe it works great Users MedalsUsers MedalsUsers MedalsUsers MedalsUsers Medals

my question is , is it possible to update the amd64 to the "latest" driver version 8.561.0.0 
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 11:20 PM
  • hi friends, i am having the same problem , i have ati radeon xpress 200 integerated card. os: win 7 x64 i can't find a driver for my video card. i have tried latest driver( ver9.3_vist64_win7_64 ) from ati site. and http://rapidshare.com/files/231477234/AMD64.exe that u have given. my hardware id is PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A61&SUBSYS_D6018086&REV_00 PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A61&SUBSYS_D6018086 PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A61&CC_030000 PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A61&CC_0300 and compatible id PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A61&REV_00 PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A61 PCI\VEN_1002&CC_030000 PCI\VEN_1002&CC_0300 PCI\VEN_1002 PCI\CC_030000 PCI\CC_0300 can anyone help me out. thanx in advance
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:02 AM
  • If any one having problem with drivers than tell me. I have solved my problem by moding the inf file.
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 4:06 AM
  • i still have my driver problem can you make an uptodate working driver for me ?
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 12:57 PM
  • And another issue on this topic. Windows 7 used standart-vga adapter after install.

I  updated the driver via Windows update just fine. But after rebooting, the screen goes black at the login window. I can login blind, but the screen remains black. So I set my driver back to standart-vga in safe-mode. Any suggestions?

HW:
    Acer TravelMate 2451wlmi
    Xpress 200m

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62&SUBSYS_01091025&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62&SUBSYS_01091025

(I tried the suggestions above before updating without success.)
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 12:43 AM

Drivers are available through windows update, if windows update don't show them search at the microsoft update catalog; http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=ati+200m  , the latest Win7 drivers are dated Dec, 2008 version 8.561.0.0, there are two versions, one willbe 64 bit, the other 32 bit, my guess is the larger will be 64 bit, download and extract with any utility for extracting *.cab files, install with device manager

I can't thank you enough for your help. My Radeon Xpress 200 is finally working right in Windows 7 for the first time. Again, a thousand thanks!
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 11:59 PM

Drivers are available through windows update, if windows update don't show them search at the microsoft update catalog; http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=ati+200m  , the latest Win7 drivers are dated Dec, 2008 version 8.561.0.0, there are two versions, one willbe 64 bit, the other 32 bit, my guess is the larger will be 64 bit, download and extract with any utility for extracting *.cab files, install with device manager

---------------------------

skraggle
    I can't thank you enough for your help. My Radeon Xpress 200 is finally working right in Windows 7 for the first time. Again, a thousand thanks!

Lets hope this works for me!

I have a problem where everytime I restart my computer, my computer will stop using aero themes, then tell me my video driver doesn't support aero themes!
    then I just go to the ATI website, download the latest driver like EVERYONE says to, reinstall, restart, and then its working. untill I restart again. then I have to repeat all of that again

I've searched everywhere for a solution, and nothing has worked

I have my fingers crossed!

Thursday, October 15, 2009 3:07 AM
  • shakeyplace,, i need ur help with the same problem.
    it's my hardware ids:

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5975&SUBSYS_0F641019&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5975&SUBSYS_0F641019
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5975&CC_030000
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5975&CC_0300

hope u're gonna help me....
    thx.
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 2:42 PM
  • shakeyplace,, i need ur help with the same problem.
    it's my hardware ids:

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5975&SUBSYS_0F641019&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5975&SUBSYS_0F641019
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5975&CC_030000
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5975&CC_0300

hope u're gonna help me....
    thx.

Hi harot, what is the nature of your problem?
    • Proposed as answer by Fume Wednesday, October 28, 2009 11:14 PM
    Friday, October 16, 2009 2:27 PM
  • Hi All, i have a Desktop of Intel mother board D102 is the model number & it consists of ATI Radean Express Card in built with the mother board & i use Windows 7 operating system but the aero effects are not working & there is a same problem as the drivers are not fixed to so far & no graphic effect so i searched for the drivers & i installed ATI driver (9.7_vista32_win7_32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu) which was available & its not working so help me out providing the proper drivers so i can help many of my friends who are also having the same mother board of Intel D101 & D102.
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 6:16 PM
  • Hello, shakeyplace! I really need you help!!!
    I've got a problem with my ASUS A6Rp video adapter.
    Do you have a driver for Xpress 200M (10.5MB file) 32-bit Windows 7 from your link above?

I tried download it, but could not get the file...
    I thought maybe you've already had that,
    if so, could you put a file somewhere else, that I could get it?

Thanks in advance!
    I really appreciate all your help here! 
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 11:22 PM
    Do you have a driver for Xpress 200M (10.5MB file) 32-bit Windows 7 from your link above?

Thanks in advance!

If you select windows update fom the start menu it will find and install that driver...

http://rapidshare.com/files/299396803/200m.zip
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 5:30 AM
  • If you select windows update fom the start menu it will find and install that driver...

I'm sorry, but I can't open Windows Update, if I load in Normal Mode everything starts freezing after login window.
    I only load in Safe Mode, and trying to update all drivers...
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:46 AM
  • If you select windows update fom the start menu it will find and install that driver...

I'm sorry, but I can't open Windows Update, if I load in Normal Mode everything starts freezing after login window.
    I only load in Safe Mode, and trying to update all drivers...

That is why I posted the rapidshare link, just in case you needed it,,, Install driver through device manager (no executable)
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 1:29 PM
  • I got a problem too.
    I tried all the catalog stuff already and drivers from the ATi homepage too.
    The Catalyst 9.8 Vista release is onliest driver wich is able to install my xPress 200.
    But it's not stable, i can't even run the performance index tool without a bluescreen.

So i tried to modify the xPress 200 driver from the update catalog to get it work my machine but everything failed.
    It didnt install.

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A41&SUBSYS_81C31043&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A41&SUBSYS_81C31043
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A41&CC_030000
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A41&CC_0300

If anyone thinks that he could build a working .inf file / driver for this hardware, it would be great when he upload it to anywhere.
    Thanks.
    Friday, November 06, 2009 5:30 PM
  • I've tried to download the files but I couldn't find the right one, I have ATI radeon xpress 200M integerated card. os: win 7 x64 i can't find a driver for my video card.
    my hardware id is
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955&SUBSYS_30A4103C&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955&SUBSYS_30A4103C
    My pc is Hp dv5040us AMD Turion64
    Could you please help me?
    Friday, November 13, 2009 2:48 AM
  • hey shakeyplace i was wondering if you could help me :) I have a MSI S420 laptop and my Ati radeon express 200m graphic board is incorporated. I really did not find any drivers. here is my Hardware IDs

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62&SUBSYS_02411462&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62&SUBSYS_02411462

I have windows 7 x32
    Wednesday, January 06, 2010 11:58 PM
  • I've tried to download the files but I couldn't find the right one, I have ATI radeon xpress 200M integerated card. os: win 7 x64 i can't find a driver for my video card.
    my hardware id is
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955&SUBSYS_30A4103C&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955&SUBSYS_30A4103C
    My pc is Hp dv5040us AMD Turion64
    Could you please help me?
    hey shakeyplace i was wondering if you could help me :) I have a MSI S420 laptop and my Ati radeon express 200m graphic board is incorporated. I really did not find any drivers. here is my Hardware IDs

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62&SUBSYS_02411462&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62&SUBSYS_02411462

I have windows 7 x32
    here is what I recommend for both of you, the mobility modder from driver heaven works for both of these cards, download the mobility modder from driverheaven  http://www.hardwareheaven.com/modtool.php , install it, it will add support for both of these devices and the latest version works with Win7, then download the latest "legacy drivers" from ATI, disable uac, attempt to install the driver (It will extract to C:\ATI\Support\9-11_legacy_vista32-64_dd_ccc (full suite) or a similar path for the driver only version (which I would recommend for older systems) then run the modtool browsing to the directory the driver was extracted to, and modding the driver, then running setup from that directory...
    I'll tell you what, I will prepare it for you and upload it (give me a few minutes)
    Here is the mobility version of the latest ati driver for your legacy ATI video
    http://rapidshare.com/files/331544268/9-11_legacy_vista32-64_dd_ccc.exe

Thursday, January 07, 2010 5:07 AM
  • Hi everyone, I have a Toshiba Satellite M50 laptop with ATI Radeon XPRESS 200M graphics card.

I followed the advice in the above post and modified the drivers and it appears in Device Manager that the driver version is 8.640, dated July 2009. 

However, the resolution is working at 800 x 600 or something like that, and it says that: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.

My hardware ID is: 

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62&SUBSYS_FF001179&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62&SUBSYS_FF001179

Anyone know what the problem is, cos when I go to Update Driver in Device Manager i click on the entry at the bottom (the driver above it has just installed), and tells me that the driver is not digitally signed and comes up with an exclamation mark.
    Thursday, January 07, 2010 9:21 AM
  • Hi everyone, I have a Toshiba Satellite M50 laptop with ATI Radeon XPRESS 200M graphics card.

I followed the advice in the above post and modified the drivers and it appears in Device Manager that the driver version is 8.640, dated July 2009. 

However, the resolution is working at 800 x 600 or something like that, and it says that: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.

My hardware ID is: 

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62&SUBSYS_FF001179&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62&SUBSYS_FF001179

Anyone know what the problem is, cos when I go to Update Driver in Device Manager i click on the entry at the bottom (the driver above it has just installed), and tells me that the driver is not digitally signed and comes up with an exclamation mark.

If modified correctly the driver version will appear as "DriverVer=09/29/2009,8.593.100.0 " I suspect that from your driver version number you have modded a different release, one that is not compatable with the legacy ati cards, or it was not modded correctly... There is also a driver available on windows update for these cards dated December, 2008 version 8.561.0.0  The driver version to which you refer would likely be from the 9.7 driver release and is NOT compatable with the older cards, even if modified, that is the source of your driver error. For Win7 you musy either use drivers from 9.3 release (March, 2009) or earlier with the exception being the 9.11 Legacy driver release from ATI available http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.7&lang=English which is the most recent driver available for the ATI "Legacy" graphics adapters. I recommend you go into device manager and uninstall the 8.640 driver..
    I suggest if you are having trouble you can either download and install the modded driver release I uploaded http://rapidshare.com/files/331544268/9-11_legacy_vista32-64_dd_ccc.exe or go to the microsoft update site and download the windows update version (in your particular case here http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=PCI%5CVEN_1002%26DEV_5A62 ) and extract with winrar or universal extractor and install through device manager.. If you have trouble with that let me know and I can upload a windows update version for you..
    btw, I see 8.640 is from the August 9.8 release and  I had similar errors when modding the incompatable versions, perhaps try uninstalling the driver through device manager and re-modding a fresh copy of the driver, alternatively if it still won't work you can download the 9.11 driver I posted or the windows update version... or if requested I can mod the 9.8 legacy driver version for you (if needed)
    from the modded driver files
    ""ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series" = ati2mtag_RS480M, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955
    "ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series " = ati2mtag_RS400M, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A42
    "ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series  " = ati2mtag_RC410M, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62"
    pps,
    the 9.8 driver although it does show up on ati's site as a legacy driver does not have any information in the inf files for the desktop legacy products, I suspect it is the driver that is not compatable! probably an error on ati's part. try either 9.3 or 9.11 (Legacy version, I suspect there may be a version for the current cards as well?)
    Thursday, January 07, 2010 2:39 PM
  • hei shakeyplace i tried your option but it didn't work it said that the installation was complete but it had an error and when i looked at the log it all the options were installed success but at the ati driver display it said:

ATI Display Driver
    Final Status: Fail
    Version of Item: 8.593.100.0000
    Size: 90 Mbytes

what should i do now?
    Thursday, January 07, 2010 10:52 PM
  • hei shakeyplace i tried your option but it didn't work it said that the installation was complete but it had an error and when i looked at the log it all the options were installed success but at the ati driver display it said:

ATI Display Driver
    Final Status: Fail
    Version of Item: 8.593.100.0000
    Size: 90 Mbytes

what should i do now?

Did you download my modded file or make your own? If you tried mine and it didn't work then we can set you up with the windows update driver for your video card, I can either give you instructions to download it yourself or I can download it, extract the cab file and put the files in a zip folder for you and give you detailed instructions to install through device manager...
    Friday, January 08, 2010 3:29 AM
  • i downloaded your file. Even the driver that windows update gives me is not good. When i try to install it manually it makes no difference. By manually i mean Device manager->display driver->update -> let me pick a driver-> have disk-> browse-> and then select my 200m driver

could it be that i have x32 windows 7 and not x64 like blastoise?
    • Edited by bogdan90x Friday, January 08, 2010 10:52 AM
    Friday, January 08, 2010 5:05 AM
  • Thanks heaps Shakeyplace, I downloaded your modded 9.11 package which installed the 8.593.100.0 driver and it works fine and comes up with the name ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M, rather than what the 8.561 came up with which was ATI Radeon Xpress. I was just wondering did you add the hardware ID's to the package so that it could be installed, and that will it work just fine months into the future, just as the 8.561 did? And is this the end of the line pretty much for ATI updates?

Again, many thanks for your help :)
    Friday, January 08, 2010 6:10 AM
  • i downloaded your file. Even the driver that windows update gives me is not good. When i try to install it manually it makes no difference. By manually i mean Device manager->display driver->update -> let me pick a driver-> have disk-> browse-> and then select my 200m driver

Hi Bogdan, 

I presume you chose to try 8.561 driver from Windows Update? It installed fine for me using the method that you specified. What you should do, and what worked for me is that you go to Browse, select any of the INF files in the extracted folder of .inf files. Any one will do, and then click OK. Make sure that the entry "ATI Radeon Xpress Series" is selected, NOT the "ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series". Then click Next and it will install.

By the way, I have Windows 7 32-bit and not 64-bit.

For the modded driver that Shakeyplace this is what I did and may work for me (I upgraded from 8.561 first). Run the file as Administrator, you do not need to turn UAC off or anything as it is already modded. And actually that's about it to be honest. I've had the fail error before, but can't remember why it came up. I'm guessing the driver package must be fine and the hardware ID recognised otherwise it wouldn't have come up with the fail error and bypassed any mention of the driver. Maybe use DriverCleaner or something. Shakeyplace knows more about all this though. Just sharing my experiences.
    Friday, January 08, 2010 11:57 AM

Hmm, the device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62 is listed in the inf file, the manual method you mention is correct and as long as you don't uncheck the "show compatable hardware" checkbox it will show the correct model....
    The driver I uploaded includes both 32 and 64 bit versions modded with mobility modder.
    What worked for me once when I got mine all messed up with similar errors, (will take a few minutes) is Device manager->display driver->properies->uninstall(and check off to uninstall driver!) I repeated this until only the "standard VGA" was remaining. at that point I was able to reboot, go to windows update and the correct driver from windows update automatically appeared! I could then select it and it installed.
    I do have a few questions that may help out, you stated the driver that windows update gave you, did you download it manually from windows update? or recover it from C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download? or...
    you could also install the 32 bit driver manually from C:\ATI\Support\9-11_legacy_vista32-64_dd_ccc\Packages\Drivers\Display\LH_INF (the directory created with the driver package I uploaded) but perhaps you should uninstall the other drivers first... the LH6A_INF directory has the 64 bit drivers which you don't want.
    You basically have the same Win 7 32 bit and same adapter as blastoise, it should work. The only difference in the hardware id is in the SUBSYS_02411462 string, the hardware is identical (ati uses that string to identify the exact motherboard model and manufacturer, not to identify different graphics chips) and the inf file does not specify a certain SUBSYS string.... It should and will work. It has to be driver conflicts from previous failed attempts getting in the way, uninstall the other versions and once they are all uninstalled you will see, it will work fine..
    * another note, I see from some system specs online you also have an ATI chipset RC410M, the same as described in the line "ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series  " = ati2mtag_RC410M, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62, Also the same as blastoise
    Friday, January 08, 2010 12:39 PM
  • Thanks heaps Shakeyplace, I downloaded your modded 9.11 package which installed the 8.593.100.0 driver and it works fine and comes up with the name ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M, rather than what the 8.561 came up with which was ATI Radeon Xpress. I was just wondering did you add the hardware ID's to the package so that it could be installed, and that will it work just fine months into the future, just as the 8.561 did? And is this the end of the line pretty much for ATI updates?

Again, many thanks for your help :)

np, like you I am just someone sharing my experiences. I played around with the beta a bit and encountered similar situations as well (it was a while before the mobility modder was updated properly for win7) and at first I was manually adding the lines to the inf files but it is no longer necessary with the latest version and that is why I stopped doing it manually. There are a few models I had to add manually to the older drivers (DX7 and DX8) that were dropped before Vista was released that aren't supported with this driver but that is not the case here, these will work fine. I do suspect that this may be the end of the line for our ATI updates unless there is a specific issue ATI decides to address but that will be at their discretion of course. As far as I know they seem to have got most if not all of their DX9 cards working with Windows 7 and I suspect that most of the new, demanding games in the future may be DX10 or higher so there is less demand for updates for these models.. The 9.11 release could very well be the final release for DX9 based cards. One word of caution, do not attempt to mod the new standard driver releases from ATI, only the legacy versions. The others will still install but you will get the device won't start error.. I don't believe the 9.8 legacy release will work either (I suspect the updates were for the supporting software or the video capture drivers, the main driver was not intended to be installed) so at this point it leaves us with 9.11 legacy or 9.3 and earlier versions... or windows update.
    Friday, January 08, 2010 1:06 PM
  • ok.. so i tried to uninstall all the other driver except for the vga one and then i restarted. After that i tried again to manually update it and show compatible hardware was checked. it said that the driver is not signed i said install anyway and after that i restarted and i still hand the yellow exclamation point on the driver :( what should i do? I really don't know what to do
    Friday, January 08, 2010 6:24 PM
  • ok.. so i tried to uninstall all the other driver except for the vga one and then i restarted. After that i tried again to manually update it and show compatible hardware was checked. it said that the driver is not signed i said install anyway and after that i restarted and i still hand the yellow exclamation point on the driver :( what should i do? I really don't know what to do

Hmm, ok, let's try either the windows update route or the original Vista driver from the manufacturer. Try uninstalling that driver, then run windows update and see if there is an available driver (maybe try rebooting after the uninstall), if that don't work then maybe try downloading the Vista driver from MSI available http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=135&prod_no=1030 and lets see if that works better, it is designed for Vista, but should work fine on Win7 as well. At least then we may have something that works or if you still want to upgrade to the latest driver afterwards then we may have something to work with..
    PS, is there any other drivers showing in windows update? perhaps a chipset driver for the motherboard?
    Friday, January 08, 2010 6:36 PM
  • my first attempt was with the vista driver from MSI, but it didn't work :) the Windows Update gives me this driver ATI Technologies Inc. - Display - ATI Radeon Xpress Series

Download size: 10.5 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Recommended

ATI Technologies Inc. Display software update released in December, 2008

More information:
    http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20232704

Help and Support:
    http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

i tried it and same problem :( what if i could give you access to my pc and see for yourself?
    Friday, January 08, 2010 6:58 PM
  • Bogdan, I was reading through the MSI support site ad it seems there may have been issues with the bios and the graphics in Vista, do you happen to know what bios version you have? I can refer you to http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=105468.0 near the end of the page... The bad news - there seems to be some issues updating the bios in these models as well, perhaps some emails to MSI support may be in order? It sounds like a pure Dos bootable usb drive may be what is needed? I do recommend that you use extreme caution here as a bad bios flash could cripple your motherboard...and render your laptop unusable.
    there is a message at the top of the MSI bios download page as well as a link to a pdf file, this also suggests there may be a problem if you use the MSI updater
    "To avoid BIOS update failure, please do not use older versions of the update utility or utilities not provided by MSI.
    1) To know about how to update BIOS under DOS mode, please click here.
    "
    If you need more specific help with the bios flashing and if you don't understand the instructions I may be able to help there as well, just remember that I do not represent MS at all, I am just trying to help out. If you do not want to risk flashing the bios, and it appears to me that may be necessary to get Windows 7 functioning properly (you can confirm this with MSI), the alternatives may be to stick with XP or be stuck with the standard VGA driver that comes with Win7 and I don't think I would personally settle for the latter...
    Friday, January 08, 2010 7:56 PM
  • i just tried to update but the usb stick does not boot :(( how can i make it boot?
    Friday, January 08, 2010 9:20 PM
  • you need 2 things, first the usb stick has to be bootable, hp has a utility that can prepare it and make it bootable
    second you have to either set the bios to boot from the usb device or select a key combination on startup, depending on the make and model, my dell for instance uses F12 (it will be in your owner's manual) I will look that stuff up for you after supper..
    OK, besides the flash files from MSI you want a basic Dos bootable usb stick, in order to make it bootable I will provide links to a couple guides, you are looking for a basic boot disk without himem.sys such as in the first example on this page http://www.bay-wolf.com/usbmemstick.htm You can also follow instructions http://www.bootdisk.com/pendrive.htm . (warning, these will all erase any files presently on your drive), after you make it bootable copy the contents of your zip file from MSI on it (not the zip file itself, the files from inside the zip folder)
    From what I can see at first look at your manual you need to press the DEL (delete) key during post to enter setup and select the usb device as the first boot device in order to boot from it....
    Saturday, January 09, 2010 12:57 AM
  • i tried what you said but when i select the USB Flash stick it just loding on a black page after 4 seconds skips to  "Starting Windows". I've put the usb stick  first on boot device and after that didn't work i hit f11 to btig up the bbs i think it's called (the menu that let's you choose from what device to boot) i chose USB Flash stick corsair voyager and did the same thing. i'll try to update the bios tomorrow from a cd :). by the way i really don't know if it's from my usb stick. i have a Corsair Flash Voyager 4gb. could it be that it's because it is of 4gb?

so you would not beliveeee how i made it work :D.... i inserted the motherboard cd and manually installed the xp driver and it worked :D
    Saturday, January 09, 2010 6:21 PM
  • good for you, you won't get the aero features with a windows XP driver, but at least you can get your screen resolutions, video playback, etc
    Saturday, January 09, 2010 11:50 PM
  • i recently installed windows 7 on a toshiba laptop i also have the ati radeon express 200 and ran into trouble finding the correct driver so i opend the device manager and updated the video driver manualy and windows found the driver for me and installed it give it a try it might work for you too
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 11:54 PM
  • Hi guys, I have a gateway mx6450 with a RADEON XPRESS 200M AMD Turion64 system. I believe these are my driver id's PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955&SUBSYS_0300107B&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955&SUBSYS_0300107B

can someone help me get a driver for my laptop.  I tried using the amd64 driver that shakeyplace made for scordero, but windows keeps telling me that it is not supported by windows.  Help Please, and if possible write me at drumminfool@gmail.com, thanx in advanced

Saturday, May 01, 2010 8:16 PM
  • Hi guys, I have a gateway mx6450 with a RADEON XPRESS 200M AMD Turion64 system. I believe these are my driver id's PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955&SUBSYS_0300107B&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955&SUBSYS_0300107B

can someone help me get a driver for my laptop.  I tried using the amd64 driver that shakeyplace made for scordero, but windows keeps telling me that it is not supported by windows.  Help Please, and if possible write me at drumminfool@gmail.com, thanx in advanced

I really recommend the mobility modder from driverheaven.com and the latest ati legacy drivers now 10.2. If you do not feel comfortable modding the drivers yourself let me know. I have been away for a while but will be home next week and can upload you something then if needed
    Saturday, May 01, 2010 11:46 PM
  • Thanks shakeyplace, I would appreciate the extra help with a modded driver.  I don't think that I have the knowledge to do it myself, seeing as how I have tried just about every driver I can.  I work at home and thus am regularly checking up on things here.  Thanks for the help and advice as well.

Sunday, May 02, 2010 1:03 AM
  • Thanks shakeyplace, I would appreciate the extra help with a modded driver.  I don't think that I have the knowledge to do it myself, seeing as how I have tried just about every driver I can.  I work at home and thus am regularly checking up on things here.  Thanks for the help and advice as well.

Ok, ready to go. I have a few questions. I realize your gateway has an AMD TURON64 processor, but what matters is whether you installed the 32 bit version of Win7 or the 64 bit version. If you aren't sure click on the start button, rigt-click on Computer and select "Properties". The Windows version appears near the middle as "System Type".
    Monday, May 10, 2010 2:54 AM

Here is a modded version of the latest "Legacy" driver

http://rapidshare.com/files/385481403/10-02_legacy_vista32-64_Mobility.exe

(the catalyst control center didn't work for me, but it is very limited with mobility models anyways)

Here is a windows update 32 bit version I made and posted some time back

Here is a 64 bit windows update version

http://rapidshare.com/files/385644526/200mAMD64.zip

Monday, May 10, 2010 12:40 PM
  • Hey Sorry I haven't been on for a while. lost internet for a spell.  I have the 64 bit system installed of windows 7.  I will try it out and see if it works.  Thanks again.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 1:39 PM
  • hiya

i have cracked it

i was so shocked to a friend told me  if you just download

a windows vista 8.1 video driver all the errors will be sorted

so i tryed it and could not belive it /it worked fully

i promise no lie

just google it windows vista videocard 8.1

and then download it

then big bag bosh all sorted

good luck to all

Monday, July 19, 2010 9:01 PM
  • If you want to try the 9.3 version download > Mobility 32 bit Driver < and please let me know if it installs properly.

Absolutely perfect shakey!

You have just saved me the biggest headache ever... honestly mate, trying to get Presario R4000 and infact ANY windows 7 drivers for old HP/Compaq's is near impossible.

The fact that you can do it obviously means its not a matter of moving heaven and earth, so why these big players aren't supporting the hardware and software changes is almost incomprehensable.

Many, many thanks

Tubes

Saturday, April 09, 2011 12:24 PM

Thanks in advance!

If you select windows update fom the start menu it will find and install that driver...

thank you very much shakeyplace!!! it really works for me after many hours of search!

Windows 7 pro 32bit with a ati radeon xpress 200m

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:32 PM
  • Hi 

I have same problem, i have install Windows 7 on my Pavilion DV8000 and Windows dont find my Graphic card AIT Radeon Express 200M. 

My problem is Windows find 1. Generic Pnp Monitor on Standard VGA Graphics Adapter and not the AIT Graphic card. 

And i have resolution 1024x768, i need have it bigger 1280x1024 but 1024x768 is the highest i can show. I have search lot and install the 64Bit AIT driver from ATI but that not helps me to.

Please help me.

Thanks

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 2:05 PM