none
apphangb1 windows 7

Question

• I am not a pro by any means. I have a client who gets the following "Problem Event Name: AppHangB1" and so have researched this issue. Maybe I'm too simplistic, however it would seem to happen with many applications using Windows 7 64bit and in some cases Windows Vista. for example: a fresh install of Windows 7 Enterprise as well as a fresh install of CS4 Production Premium, Internet Explorer freezes/hangs up, Please help!!! , Application Name: ProToolsLE.exe, Application Name:    explorer.exe, Application Name: LPU2428_VS.vshost.exe, Application Name: opera.exe, AppHang B1 error causing AutoCAd to shut down, Application Name: dvdshrink, Application Name: patran.exe and many more. I found one reply that said it is the fault of the  3rd party applications, mind you Application Name:    explorer.exe is not 3rd party. Why is it that Microsoft hasn't addressed this issue properly? Can it be just the fault of all the other software programs? I may be simplistic but I just don't buy that.

quests
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 10:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This issue can be caused by several reasons such as program conflict, incompatible drivers and third party add-ons.

To troubleshoot this, please perform the following steps:

1. Update BIOS and device drivers to the latest version

2. Clean Boot mode.

3. Reset IE

Hope it helps.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Wednesday, November 03, 2010 2:50 AM
    Friday, October 29, 2010 5:38 AM