none
HP Laser Jet 1020 Problem

Question

• My LAN computers were not on windows server 2003 domain and some PCs have attached with HP Laser Jet 1020 printers. All other LAN systems have no print problem but when I joined  all these systems on domain, LAN users are complaining following:-

Computers that have attached with Laserjet 1020 made job of print fine but when LAN users (use their shared printers) send print to them then no print is coming and also computer that was directly attached with printer also could not print of his own as well as LAN users prints Jobs. However when they restart their computers which are directly attached with printers, then all print jobs come up.

I am fed up with this issue.

Is there any problem of domain. I also did following steps as per your forum but i could not succeeded:-

HP LJ 1020 Spooler Service Restart Revisited

My previous fix for the HP LaserJet 1020 Spooler Service Restart issue did not stick. Upon reboot of the server, the problem returned and was not correctable in the manner previously described.

I researched the issue again and found a Microsoft forum post where they actually fixed the issue. The fix goes as follows:

·

NOTE: Do this on the machine connected to the printer.

·

Run gpedit.msc

·

Go to "Local Computer Policies\Administrative Templates\Printers"

o

Set the setting "Allow print spooler to accept client connections" to "Enabled"

·

Go to "User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Printers\"

o

Set the setting "Point and Print Restrictions" to "Disabled"

·

Close the Group Policy Editor

·

Go into the Printers and Faxes control panel, right click on the printer and hit properties.

·

Click the "Ports" tab

·

Uncheck "Enable Bidirectional Printing"

·

Close the Printer panels/windows

·

Run a command line, type in "gpupdate /force", and hit enter

Is this any problem in my domain or otherwise.

Please help me I am very trouble in deed.

Thanks in adance

shahid Ahmed
    shahid.mgh@live.com

Friday, January 01, 2010 7:45 AM

All replies

• Yo moderator stop deleting my posts. is not my fault that the ultimate fix was discovered by all brilliant moi! How about giving me all the 10 pints since I have the solution. None of the posts above have nothing on my fix.

the fix can be found at

gameaddict.eu

(search for "hp 1020" there, "print spooler" too) I gave Microsoft a chance to remove the digital signature from the driver since HP did not OWN up to their blunder.

So why shouldn't I take all the kudos for the 32 bit OS cause I discovered the fix. You should check it out also, you might learn a thing or two.

The Computer Manual dot com. Please do not forget to select the best answer if it helps you! The Ultimate computer newbie guide since the discovery of spoon feeding
    • Edited by lonewolf79 Wednesday, November 17, 2010 2:38 AM
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 4:00 AM
  • There are several ways to resolve printer spooler error, probably because there are many variations of this error.

The error caused by faulty software can be resolved by deleting all the information found in the directory.

Thereafter, navigate to the Control Panel, click on Administrative Tools and then services icon.

Find the service labeled Print Spooler, highlight it and restart the process. If that doesn’t work, the program might be corrupted.

Click on start, then Run. Search for the document labeled services.msc, and this will trigger the opening of another window.

On this window, scroll down and click “Print Spooler”.

Check its setting and turn on automatic mode.

Click Okay, and restart the machine.

If you’re lucky, this might be all you have to do. Still doesn’t work?

Navigate to the Add/Remove Programs screen of the Control Panel.

Find the all the software responsible for making the printer run including the drivers, and uninstall them. Be sure to be thorough about it, or the problem may not be solved.

Download the latest copy of your printer’s software from the manufacturer and reinstall it.

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/68459#2

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 5:39 AM