none
Conexant High definition smart audio HD2

Question

• Yes, i received an update from microsoft for my audo. it changed to this Smart Audio HD2. after it installed, the speakers work but the microhpone is all static. the microhpone propertis is as follows: Sound Level: 6, Defualt Format: 2 channel 16 bit 48000Hz (DvD quality), both checkmarks in exclusive mode, checkmark in signal enhancements.i tried changing the default format and unchecking checkmarks and increasing/decreasing the sound level. Pleae Help ASAP.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 10:02 PM

Answers

• Hi, I suggest we use the following steps to roll back the driver and check the result .

1.       Open Control Panel, click the 'Classic View' on the left side menu.

2.       Double click the 'Device Manger'

3.       Expand 'Sound, video and game controllers'

4.       Right Click your audio device and select Properties.

5.       Click the 'Driver Tab'

6.       Click the 'Rollback Driver' button.

Follow the instructions to roll back the display adapter driver to the previous version.

Friday, May 09, 2008 2:42 AM
  •  

Hi everyone.

In case it may be helpful to someone I would like to relate my experience. Affer installing Vista SP1 my Conexant Audio driver stopped working and Vista warned there was no deviced installed, so I read some posts, including this one. As already commented on this thread the button to revert to the previous version of the driver was disabled so I tried to uninstall the driver completely to see what happened and fortunately it worked.

Regards.

Fabio

Saturday, May 17, 2008 1:54 AM

All replies

• Hi, I suggest we use the following steps to roll back the driver and check the result .

1.       Open Control Panel, click the 'Classic View' on the left side menu.

2.       Double click the 'Device Manger'

3.       Expand 'Sound, video and game controllers'

4.       Right Click your audio device and select Properties.

5.       Click the 'Driver Tab'

6.       Click the 'Rollback Driver' button.

Follow the instructions to roll back the display adapter driver to the previous version.

Friday, May 09, 2008 2:42 AM
  • I have the exact same problem with Conexant - Audio - Conexant High Definition Smartaudio HD2

Installation date: ‎5/‎5/‎2008 12:29 AM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Optional

Conexant Audio software update released in March, 2008

Microphone gain is way down with Logitech headphones that came with Orbit MP web camera.  I get static with extremely low volume.  I have tried with Microsoft Sound Recorder and latest version of Skype and both programs exhibit same problem.  The option to rollback driver as suggested in solution is grayed out.  Is there another way to roll back driver?

Saturday, May 10, 2008 7:39 AM
  •  

wel i guess rolling back to conexant high definition audo is good enough. and  micworks, ty
    Saturday, May 10, 2008 7:44 AM
  • hi

I have not been able to click the 'roll back driver' tab as it is greyed.

I do get the sound working after

Double click the 'Device Manger'

Expand 'Sound, video and game controllers'

Right Click your audio device

and click 'update driver software'.

The problem is each time I restart the laptop I have to go thro the whole process to get the sound working. Is there a way out??

Thanks

sr007

Sunday, May 11, 2008 9:46 AM
  •  

Hi everyone.

In case it may be helpful to someone I would like to relate my experience. Affer installing Vista SP1 my Conexant Audio driver stopped working and Vista warned there was no deviced installed, so I read some posts, including this one. As already commented on this thread the button to revert to the previous version of the driver was disabled so I tried to uninstall the driver completely to see what happened and fortunately it worked.

Regards.

Fabio

Saturday, May 17, 2008 1:54 AM
  • I just did an update with my Vista this morning.  My audio did the same thing with saying it has no driver.  Fabio, did you already have another driver installed after you uninstalled it?  I am not an idiot with computer but I am also not completely knowledgable in it.  I have a service plan with Best Buy but I don't want to have to give up my laptop for a few weeks.  In a related question, if I cannot seem to get it fixed by uninstalling it, how do I figure what my motherboard is to hopefully download or install a new sound driver?

3rd Shift

Saturday, July 05, 2008 3:52 PM
  • I don't have any sound at all.  The button for the rollback opition is faded and is not an opition.  What's next? 

Please email me at bmmulcrone@gmail.com.  Thank you.

BMM

Monday, July 14, 2008 9:08 PM
  •  

I have update 4 day ago an news patch... and when i finish downlod and install i have restart my computer (instalation guide)... But after it i saw on my audio hardware this sentence: The hardware is not in fuction. I can't talk on ventrillo and in another voice program.

PLz help me.

Monday, July 21, 2008 12:16 AM
  • hello there

Please i need sound driver for my laptop  Compaq Presario C700 i just convert it to XP

engrshina@yahoo.com 08056751962

thanks

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 4:20 PM
  • Hi 3rd Shift.

Sorry for not having answered earlier, but I had not come back to this thread till now. Regarding your question, I suppose I had the original drivers on my computer when I uninstalled the updated ones. If you think you don't have them anymore I'd suggest you download them from the laptop manufacturer's site.

Now I'd like to inform another problem I am facing. Although everything looked normal I noticed recently my computer was a bit slower and verified the cpu usage by DComLaunch and PlugPlay proccesses was too high. Searching the web I found it was caused by the sound driver. Great, isn't it? Smile

Well, the fact is that I am not managing to find a solution to this problem. I reverted again to the original driver but got a Windows Blue Screen as a reward! Going back to the updated driver brings the cpu problem. Anyone has a clue on this?

Thanks a lot.

Thursday, September 04, 2008 3:15 PM
  •  engrshina wrote:

Please i need sound driver for my laptop  Compaq Presario C700 i just convert it to XP

If have SP2, you'll need to install the Microsoft High Definition UAA bus driver hotfix:
    http://driveragent.com/files/kb888111xpsp2.exe (703KB)

If you have SP3, you don't need it, proceed with the following.  For Audio and Modem, download the following driver packs (the installer will fail, read below for further info):

Conexant HDA Soft Modem with SmartCP
    DriverVer=02/14/2007, 7.62.00.52
    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp36001-36500/sp36089.exe (11MB)

Conexant High Definition Audio Device
    DriverVer = 02/14/2007, 3.34.0.50
    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp36001-36500/sp36090.exe (4.1MB)

Run the two Conexant packages above.  You will receive an error about no compatible hardware.  We just want to run the installer to extract the driver files.  The driver files will be extracted to C:\SWSetup\SPxxxxx

Go to Control Panel > Device Manager.  Single right-click on the 'unknown' audio device and select "Update Driver".  From the Hardware Update wizard:

Select 'no, not this time' when asked to connect to the internet, click next.

Select 'install from a specific location' (advanced), click next.

Select 'Don't search, I will choose the driver to install', click next.

In the list of common hardware types, scroll down and select Sound, Video, and Game controllers, click next.

In the next dialogue box, click Have Disk.

Browse to the folder where SP36090 was extracted (e.g. C:\SWSetup\SP36090) and select CpV30D5a.inf, click OK.

In the next dialogue, select Conexant High Definition Audio-Venice 5045.  If you receive a warning that Windows cannot verify compatibility with this driver, select 'Proceed' or 'Ignore' (or whatever option that allows you to continue installing the driver).

When the driver is finished installing, restart your PC.  Do the same thing for the modem, except the extraction folder will be C:\SWSetup\SP36089 and the INF is SprtHD5m.inf.

Restart and you should be good.

If you still have an 'unknown' PCI device, it is your touchpad and Quick Launch buttons.  If you install the software for Quick Launch Buttons, the 'unknown' PCI device will go away, as well.

HP Quick Launch Buttons
    VERSION: 6.30 REV: A
    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp36501-37000/sp36969.exe (19.5MB)

Thursday, September 04, 2008 5:46 PM
  • Hello
    I am still having the same problem.
    I did this you said Sean Zhu (till the roll back option), but unfortunately, first it said that I have no sound device, so I repeated your first recommendation. I am at the starting and sad same point.
    The sound never appeared, so I update again with the same device.
    I am not an expert and I would like to have my sounds... I have an Satellite P105-S6157.
    Any help?
    Any idea?
    It exist some manual way of update but with a different driver (I have another choice, but it appears a warning telling me that  they do not recommend me to do it)
    I really do not know what to do!
    My computer, a laptop, it is just an year old!

thanks,
    Marina.
    Friday, October 17, 2008 9:59 PM
  •  

I have followed this and installed sp36090 and also a lot of others to make it work. Each one gives me different problems. Right now i am using sp34200. The thing is with most drivers it works fine after a restart but with the next time I switch it on. its gone mute and i cant get it to work so I go to the device manager and uninstall and reinstall the driver again n again for it to work.

With 34200, it works for some 3 times before going mute and sometimes it doesnt play sounds with internet explorer only and this driver doesnt let me mute my computer at all. even if i mute, it plays sounds.

I have a c772TU notebook. Conexant High definition venice 5045 and computer recognises it as the Conexant High definition smart audio HD2. i am not very good with this and i dont understand a lot of this. Can someone pls help.

I have always had the problem of my inbuilt mic not working and hearing the sound from my computer speakers even after inserting a headphones. I have not done anything about it. The above problem is more my immediate concern.

Sahana

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 1:47 PM
  • Windows XP SP2.

Have installed:

http://driveragent.com/files/kb888111xpsp2.exe and Conexant High Definition Audio-Venice 5045 re Driver 3.34.0.50 http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp36001-36500/sp36090.exe

Tried to install http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp36001-36500/sp36089.exe and errors with "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware." Even if I select the WinXP sub-directory specifically, it gives the same error so the smart modem cannot be installed on my HP Laptop DV2000 series.

Therefore, this line:

"When the driver is finished installing, restart your PC.  Do the same thing for the modem, except the extraction folder will be C:\SWSetup\SP36089 and the INF is SprtHD5m.inf."

is not valid and does not work with Conexant High Definition Audio-Venice 5045.

Still no voice recording option available from the internal HP screen microphones which seems to now be a common problem with a large number of HP Laptops since the SmartAudio and Conexant drivers were updated.

Please can Microsoft work with HP to update and advise so that HP laptop users with Windows XP SP2 or SP3 can start using their internal screen microphones again?

Saturday, December 06, 2008 12:40 AM
  • tcsenter--

thank you so much! i was having trouble with the microphone on my hp dv2000 for several months... but your drivers have finally solved everything! you're fantastic!

cheers!

Monday, January 26, 2009 5:05 AM
  • HI, I wanted to tell people about my experiance with this driver. I have my computer audio connected to a Sony stereo amplifier and from there into two really big and nice speakers that I have been using since forever. This has given me great audio for many years. However, after I installed the HD2 version on my computer I noticed that the audio in my right side speaker got severly reduced. I connected headphones to the amplifier, still half-a$$ audio on the right side and the same story when I connected them straight to the computer.

After messing around with all audio settings in both the OS and my music players for a good while with no successe I tryed rolling back the driver to the previous HD1 version and TADDA! I got my awesome sound back.

Hopefully this will give some people some insight into similar problems.

Sincerely: mR.JinX, the future world ruler.
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 11:21 PM
  • i have a toshiba M305-S4848, i want to install win xp but  i have no sound driver.... where can I get it .. toshiba website does not have

Replay my post.... thanks
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 4:21 PM
  • Thank you so much !, your post really helped me.
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 6:43 AM
  • Hi, I just wanted put in my two cents :)
    Recently I updated my Conexant HD audio driver as well, afterwards I noticed the playback was "scratchy".  I tried to change the settings (under Smart Audio) to no avail.  I then went to "Sound" and accidentally "disabled" my sound...and the sound device could not be found?...I found out that it was still there, the solution was to click (rt/lft?) on the "Sound/Playback" screen where it says something like "no device", after clicking it showed the device as disabled, I was then able to "enable" the device and my sound returned.  Going back to resolving "scratchy" playback...I use WMP11, I went to its' "Now Playing / Enhancements" and turned off any sound related enhancements. After doing this the sound playback appears to be fine.  I think the WMP11 sound equalizer enhancements and the updated Conexant driver were overlapping causing the problem. Also tooling around with the "sound volume mixer" helped as well.
    I hope this helps someone.
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:17 AM
  • I am having the same problem but I have Windows Vista 32
    and HP Compaq Presario F572US

Are the downloads above just for a Compaq Presario C700 ?

I have been trying to fix my Windows sound for months. I have went to the HP website and updates the drivers but still it does not fix the problem. This is the best answer I have seen so far after months of searching the only problem is I don't think the drivers are the same for my model number.
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 5:12 AM
  • Thank you so much !, your post really helped me.

here instaled and all ok!

Thanks man... after one month searching today you make me happy!!!

:)

1a2b3c4d5e
    Sunday, May 02, 2010 6:07 PM
  • i want this driver to installed to my pc
    Wednesday, July 07, 2010 10:52 PM
  • Hi All,

Had the same problem with my HP Pavilion DV2000 laptop, I installed Skype and noticed that the Mic is recording "scratchy" noises in a repetitive pulsating way.

After reading thru this post, I found the Device driver for the Mic only, I then performed the "roll Back Driver" and Walla the Mic is working perfectly and Skype notified me of the driver change and now it is happy and working FINE.

Thanx again

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 7:40 AM
  • I have Vista on a Toshiba Satellite notebook, with "Conexant High Definition Smartaudio" as the audio device.  The"Conexant High Definition Smartaudio HD2" update on WindowsUpdate should be REMOVED, it does not work after updating.  It installs fine, but there is no sound at all from the notebook speakers no matter what I tryto troubleshoot.
    Monday, May 23, 2011 11:03 PM
  • I have the same problem too and have to remember each time I install Windows to hide that update.

After it installs the update the sound stops working completely and the option to revert the driver is greyed out and the only option is to find one online from HP or somewhere.

This same driver update has caused me the same problem in Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. It has happened since about 2008 for the last 6 years when the first version of this driver update was added to Windows Update. I agree it needs to be either removed or it should maybe only apply to certain revisions of the hardware as it is obviously not compatible with some.

Robin Wilson

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:31 PM