none
Terminal Connection is busy processing a connect operation

Question

• Our Virtual PC with XP mode running under Windows 7 Professional can no longer be opened.  We are receiving the error "The requested operation cannot be completed because the Terminal Connection is busy processing a connect operation."  This is a persistent error even after rebooting.   Any help?
    Monday, August 23, 2010 7:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems that some other programs are using the terminal connection.

Based on the current situation, I would like to suggest you test the issue in Clean Boot to make sure that no third party software conflicts.

What is the result in Clean Boot?

If it works fine in Clean Boot, you may take the other steps in the article to narrow down the cause.

Regards,

Sabrina

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, August 31, 2010 8:19 AM
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 9:32 AM

All replies

• Did you install any 3rd party software that uses RDP or terminal services?
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 1:42 AM
  • Hi,

It seems that some other programs are using the terminal connection.

Based on the current situation, I would like to suggest you test the issue in Clean Boot to make sure that no third party software conflicts.

What is the result in Clean Boot?

If it works fine in Clean Boot, you may take the other steps in the article to narrow down the cause.

Regards,

Sabrina

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, August 31, 2010 8:19 AM
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 9:32 AM
  • Hi Sabrina,

Has there been any resolution on this yet?  I have the same problem and followed the clean boot steps to determine that it is not a 3rd party software and not any of the other start up items.  It may be a Microsoft service and since I have approximately 145 of them running I have not been able to narrow it down.  I did pretty much turn off all services that I can and the issue error message; 'The requested operation cannot be completed because the Terminal Connection is currently busy processing a connect operation.' still occurs.  

In my case I had the virtual machine up and running and the status bar message for windows updates appeared and I went ahead and installed the updates.  Then after restarting the VM I cannot log back in, I keep getting the ...terminal connection....error message.  This started yesterday on June 15th 2011. 

Any ideas or suggestions?  Please help me make the vm usable again.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:08 PM
  • Hi have exactly the same problem.  Have turned off the XP Mode rebooted and then turned it back on.  Still have the problem.
    Tuesday, November 01, 2011 3:39 AM
  • I had the same problem
    Here is a link to a 10-Second fix that solved it...
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-ZA/w7itprovirt/thread/13b052c3-6ef0-4d91-81ac-79c0b70bc7ff
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 5:10 PM