none
Display driver for Win7 and Dell Inspiron 700m

Question

• Hi,

Can anyone suggest a display driver for Win7 running on a Dell Inspiron 700m? Or an old driver for the monitor that is compatible with Win7?

Thanks

Sunday, February 22, 2009 12:15 AM

Answers

• there have been a few threads on this, unfortunately it seems that the the Drivers for this machine are XDDM not WDDM which causes problems

thread 1

thread 2

thread 3

thread 4

however from what i remember when i was helping at the time those posts went up thread 2 and 3 both point to thread 4.

Sunday, February 22, 2009 7:24 AM

• Hi,

Thank you for posting.

After searching, I get this:

Inspiron 700m Video Driver - DELL COMMUNITY

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

I am sorry we have no similar hardware environment to test it. Please try it and see if it can work. Meanwhile, you can also contact DELL regarding this hardware driver issue.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 8:14 AM

All replies

• there have been a few threads on this, unfortunately it seems that the the Drivers for this machine are XDDM not WDDM which causes problems

thread 1

thread 2

thread 3

thread 4

however from what i remember when i was helping at the time those posts went up thread 2 and 3 both point to thread 4.

Sunday, February 22, 2009 7:24 AM

• Hi,

Thank you for posting.

After searching, I get this:

Inspiron 700m Video Driver - DELL COMMUNITY

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

I am sorry we have no similar hardware environment to test it. Please try it and see if it can work. Meanwhile, you can also contact DELL regarding this hardware driver issue.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 8:14 AM