none
PAGE FAILED TO LOAD- Joining domain

Question

• Hi, 

So I've built an image up for deployment, I sysprep it then deploy using FOG. 

The image works perfectly, however once I join the PC to the domain, I get this error:

"The page failed to load", on every section- Control panel, printers faxes etc. Even in my computer the icons for C:\ etc are all missing. 

It's a very strange problem. If you log back on as the local admin the problem dissapears? There isn't much info about this on the net?

What's strange is that it doesn't happen if I install a machine from scratch win 7 x64 then join to domain, no problem.. I think maybe the issue is caused somewhere during the sysprep process.. Maybe it's something to do with the unattend xml where it has the local admin account details.. So strange. .

Thanks..
    Wednesday, February 08, 2012 3:23 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Please check the unattend file:

<UnsecureJoin>true</UnsecureJoin> in the Microsoft-Windows-UnattendedJoin component. Additionally, the Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup component for the <specialize> unattended pass must exist, even if it is empty.

Or you can post your unattend file to check if the file has problem

Furthermore, I suggest to contact Windows 7 installation, setup and development forum for further help:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproinstall/threads

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 10, 2012 3:22 AM