none
AKE Express card usb 3.0

Question

• I have jut got a ake express usb 3.0 card bc618. Cannot find the host conroller drivers any where and windows 7 does not support it can anybody please help.

regards

pad9968

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 5:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Currently, Windows 7 does not have built-in USB 3.0 driver. It is recommended to contact the device manufacturer for an appropriate controller driver for windows 7.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, September 09, 2011 6:47 AM

All replies

• Help will have to come from the manufacturer of the express card since USB 3.0 support is not in Windows 7.

You need to contact the manufacturer for USB 3.0 drivers.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, September 07, 2011 6:50 PM
  • The manufacturer is ake no drivers can be found for it that work with windows 7. It requires host controller driver. The type is bc618. Have tried to contact seller they said speak to manufacturer. No help on company web site.

Please please help.

p dewell
    Wednesday, September 07, 2011 7:14 PM
  • Microsoft does not write the drivers for any third party hardware, which includes your USB 3.0 express card.  Hardware drivers are the sole responsibility of the hardware or chip manufacturer.

Your only other source would be the manufacturer of the USB 3.0 controller chip.

Your problem cannot be corrected by Microsoft.  It must be fixed by the hardware manufacturer or the chip manufacturer.

The package should have included a driver disk with the needed drivers.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Edited by Rick Dee Thursday, September 08, 2011 11:17 AM
    Wednesday, September 07, 2011 7:33 PM
  • Hi,

Currently, Windows 7 does not have built-in USB 3.0 driver. It is recommended to contact the device manufacturer for an appropriate controller driver for windows 7.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, September 09, 2011 6:47 AM
  • Hi, I recently bought the same one but I got a drivers disc with it. The drivers I'm using are - RENESAS USB host driver 21160 setup.

If you have any difficulty getting them let me know and I'll upload the disc contents for you.

Edit-here I've uploaded it in case anyone else wants it-

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CQ2997KW
    • Edited by sizzler27 Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:49 AM to add link
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:11 AM
  • Hi,

Guess what... someone else needed them! Thank you so much for the assist!

Alex Friedel

Saturday, September 17, 2011 2:41 AM
  • Thanks for the drivers, that was a big help
    Friday, October 07, 2011 2:57 AM
  • hey can you please post the driver of "AKE bc618 windows 7 64 bits download link" in another server because megaupload is DOWN thanks to the sopa sht.

Saturday, January 21, 2012 12:15 AM
  • yeap.. by any chance do you happens to have the drivers?
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 10:21 PM
  • Hi - did you get the drivers?  I have the BC628 and have exactly the same issue :(
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:21 PM
  • If the USB 3.0 chip is the NEC/Renesas, Bernie Thompson has posted a link for their driver package:

Bernie's page:  http://support.plugable.com/plugable/topics/usb_3_0_expresscard_driver

Download link: http://plugable.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/RENESAS-USB3-Host-Driver-20200-Setup-x86-x64-Binary.zip

Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:29 PM
  • This is an old thread, but in case anyone is interested, I've been searching for AKE BC628 USB 3.0 34mm Card Driver for Win 7 x64 and once I got through a few chipset suggestions, I ended finding the ASM1042 chipset drivers and luckily they worked.  Link below in case anyone wants to give em a go.

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/asmedia.htm

• Edited by Carbon Lifeform Sunday, March 18, 2012 11:51 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Ravi-here Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:26 PM
    Sunday, March 18, 2012 11:50 AM
  • This is an old thread, but in case anyone is interested, I've been searching for AKE BC628 USB 3.0 34mm Card Driver for Win 7 x64 and once I got through a few chipset suggestions, I ended finding the ASM1042 chipset drivers and luckily they worked.  Link below in case anyone wants to give em a go.

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/asmedia.htm

THANKS!!!
    Thursday, May 03, 2012 12:55 AM
  • Thanks a lot....   Carbon Lifeform

i have been searching drivers for my  AKE ExpressCard 54mm to USB 3.0 SuperS  , this expresscard i have brought throug ebay - seller -i2cworld_inc3  in jan 2012, the drivers cd which i have got with device was empty , and seller on request provided the driver download links which were not working with this device,,   but today   i have successfully installed the drivers provided from www.station-drivers.com and the device is working fine now , after a long time the device begin to work ..........   

for me the driver Asmedia ASM1041/ASM1042 USB3 Controller Drivers    Version 1.14.8.0  at http://www.station-drivers.com/page/asmedia.htm  has worked fine 

Thanks again for ur link.......

• Edited by Ravi-here Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:30 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Alexey Merson Wednesday, October 03, 2012 7:10 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Alexey Merson Wednesday, October 03, 2012 7:10 PM
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:25 PM
  • I know this is an old thread but as it still comes up as the first link when searching for "AKE USB 3.0 expresscard drivers" I thought I would still post this here. I have just bought one of these, it is a 3 port USB 3.0 expresscard. I already had Renesas drivers installed from a previous 2 port express card but the new AKE one would not work. When reading through this thread I tried NEC drivers as well to no avail.

With further investigation I found that some AKE express cards use Fresco logic chips. I managed to get drivers for it by searching "Fresco logic drivers".

Once I had installed "Fresco Logic USB 3.0 Host Driver" my device was recognized and my laptop now registers all devices plugged into it.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Would have uploaded the file and posted a link but since megaupload went down I don't know any free sites to upload to.

Saturday, November 24, 2012 5:35 AM
  • Yes an old link, but here is what I used.

(05/2013 - I bought (2) AKE #BC618T - USB 3.0 Express Cards & the link for the driver on the seller's page lead me to here):

https://www.box.com/shared/hkuhyqtjq7vgczlfz00h

The download file is named: dn0098.

It is a RAR file.

Can open with winRaR, 7zip, etc.

The driver is for: renesas_72020x_3.0.20.2

After you unzip the file, to run the installation, you will click on:

RENESAS-USB3-Host-Driver-30120-setup

Installation should be fairly painless to execute.

I loaded this on a Windows Vista 32 bit laptop & it works.

Should work with XP and Win 7 also per the seller's description.

Good luck to all.

Sunday, May 19, 2013 4:52 AM