none
disable syskey in windows 7?

Question

• hi

does anyone know how i can disable start up password (syskey) in windows 7? i've just enabled it but now i can not disable that.

regards
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:06 PM

Answers

• On my Windows 7 when I open syskey it tells me once the Accounts Database is encrypted it cannot be disabled.  If that is what you did, then there is not way to "undo" what has been done.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 7:31 PM

All replies

• On my Windows 7 when I open syskey it tells me once the Accounts Database is encrypted it cannot be disabled.  If that is what you did, then there is not way to "undo" what has been done.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 7:31 PM
  • yeah man.it can not be disable once you activate it.  but you can store locally your syskey in your computer to avoid displaying pop up syskey password window.

regards

• Proposed as answer by technicaltitch Monday, January 10, 2011 7:06 PM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 5:07 AM
  • follow as start-->run-->syskey-->update-->click system generated password-->click store startup key locally then click ok. it will ask you ur current password so give blank space  and click ok.now restart ur system. It will surely solve ur problem..
    Friday, November 18, 2011 10:24 AM
  • It no work with blank space, the system reply: ...  net password is no correct ... so, what i need to do to fix this?

Monday, September 23, 2013 12:42 PM