none
Unwanted Pop-up Window

Question

• Running Win 7 Build 7100, 64 bit.
    Whenever I have several windows open, frequently a window appears, about 1.5 in high & maybe 1.5 in wide per window open.  It shows the windows open plus the desktop.  Threre are no top right options to kill it or minimize it.

What opens this window & how can one get rid of that window, since it frequently interferes whith what one is doing?

Any help would be appreciated.  Peter K
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 5:45 PM

Answers

• Have no clue what you are talking about, please post screenshot of it.

Hello! Please reply back, promptly if possible with the results to solutions to your problem!
    - JoelbX
    JoelbX's favorite threads | Skydrive | Cool 'gadget' programs: Download or Visit websites
    Stuff for win7 launch party hosts
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:57 AM
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 6:27 PM
  • Yup, a screenshot can clarify the situation more clearly. For your reference, I have included the steps below:

1. When the issue occurs, go to Start, type snipping in the Search box and then press Enter.

2. Drag the cursor on the pop-up window.

3. Click File -> Save As…

4. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".

5. Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the "Save as type" box, click "Desktop" on the left pane and then click "Save".

6. Please upload the screenshot to your SkyDrive at www.skydrive.live.com and let us know the link.

In the meantime, you also can try some general troubleshooting steps such as Clean Boot (apply the steps for Windows Vista in this article) to see if the issue can be resolved.

Friday, October 16, 2009 7:56 AM

All replies

• Have no clue what you are talking about, please post screenshot of it.

Hello! Please reply back, promptly if possible with the results to solutions to your problem!
    - JoelbX
    JoelbX's favorite threads | Skydrive | Cool 'gadget' programs: Download or Visit websites
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 6:27 PM
  • Yup, a screenshot can clarify the situation more clearly. For your reference, I have included the steps below:

1. When the issue occurs, go to Start, type snipping in the Search box and then press Enter.

2. Drag the cursor on the pop-up window.

3. Click File -> Save As…

4. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".

5. Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the "Save as type" box, click "Desktop" on the left pane and then click "Save".

6. Please upload the screenshot to your SkyDrive at www.skydrive.live.com and let us know the link.

In the meantime, you also can try some general troubleshooting steps such as Clean Boot (apply the steps for Windows Vista in this article) to see if the issue can be resolved.

Friday, October 16, 2009 7:56 AM
  • Useful instructions Linda, the only thing I see though is:
    In my experience JPEG pics come out c*y looking, I recommend using the .PNG format instead.
    - JoelbX
    Friday, October 16, 2009 2:08 PM
  • It sounds like the Window that opens when you select ALT+TAB.

Friday, October 16, 2009 3:26 PM