none
Windows 8 Apps not Working

Question

• Its difficult to explain, so I will add screenshots too.

But the problem is when I open the general apps, (such as Mail, Calendar, Messaging, Pictures etc.) they appear disjointed with features being all over the place, many areas being blank. And when you scroll over areas, what they are supposed to be starts to appear and then spreads around the screen. (Much like the old Windows error when you could click and drag an error box around the screen and the image would be duplicated and dragged around the desktop!)

Here are some screenshots of the problems.

This didn't happen straight away after installing Windows 8, only after a few days of having it.

Windows 8 64-bit
    A8 - Quad Core
    8GB RAM
    Dual graphics card w/1GB dedicated

Monday, November 12, 2012 7:19 PM

Answers

• Try the DCOM Fix from th Consumer Preview. Maybe you have the same issue.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:32 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Can't seem to add pictures?
    Monday, November 12, 2012 7:20 PM
  • Hi,

What have you installed recently? Please test the issue in clean boot and disable your security software, firewall temporarily.

Regarding the screenshot, please save it on your desktop, click insert picture and upload from your local PC.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:40 AM
  • Try the DCOM Fix from th Consumer Preview. Maybe you have the same issue.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:32 AM
    Answerer
  • Supposto it's gonna be the same for a Brand New All In One Computer Touch screen for HP Dell Asus  Sony

if there all haveing the same probblem with Trying to install windows 8 Free apps Keep quiting and saying Pending and we his try again and Nothing,

I called Microsoft and reposted and all the supposto web sites I could find on windows 8 apps and every one says they have the fix for But know one has.

All reported each Compony Blaimming one another it's there fauly Microsft tech team where Only Interested taking our Money not Fixing the problem at hand with Windows 8 apps Now com on No all thease Brand new computers we can't use the apps

and where not Lowering our screen Resolution just to composate Microsoft store eaither we paid over $2.000 for Thease Large All In 23" All -In -One Computers and all have the same proble, each time you go to Microsoft's Blog some says they have the fix and nothing in systems setting turnningOn All-user-Install turning -on -win -store apps in Windows 8

didn'thelo Turnning off the user control turnning it right off trying to install the apps 

use the command code in the run command trying to refresh -reinstall windows 8 apps didn't do they all come up Pending now and won't Install .

Now Look Microsoft had 8 Months to comeup with the Fixes for this Before they SOLD the Codes and Program Software To The Computer Manifactures waht they gave them was garbage it runs slower then the windows 7 system I had and To use a Program Called Pokkie to the Windows START Button back in the left hand corrner ,

when we when to the Microsoft meeting back in March In California all there Computers and tabblets desktops labtops where ALL Touch screens Not one of them Had Mouses with them..

And I had to Pay Microsoft Techsupport In The Phillipines  with a Phone call backk they didn't call me back the first night waisted 4 in a half Hours On the phone trying to fix this,

and what I was told By Microsoft supervisor at the time the following Night they where gonna call me back and didn't they Charged My Credit Card for there hours to fin d out after it was FREE,

So I called the BBB On Microsoft and took snap shot video shows of what the tech did to my computer cause his agent ID showed up and the program he used to Look at my computer well I was On the Phone with Ither Microsoft fixes the problem or I'm gonna have windows 8 shut down and the Stores here In Canada ither have offer a full refund or fix the problem Microsoft can't get away with after 8 months and the computer manifactures are clamming it's a Microsoft problem now who here can Fix it NOT one of yous can. Don't Delete this cause it's been copied.

• Edited by DjLevel91 Monday, December 10, 2012 4:31 AM typos
    Monday, December 10, 2012 4:30 AM
  • Try the Apps troubleshooter, which can automatically find and fix some problems with apps

Monday, December 10, 2012 5:59 AM
    Answerer
  • I have the same problem. I just spent 3 hour with a tech and basically he told me tough luck and I should ask for a refund from Microsoft. So sad, I don't know why I trust Microsoft honestly. This is a joke.
    Monday, December 17, 2012 6:20 AM
  • doesn't work.
    Monday, December 17, 2012 6:22 AM
  • Run ProcessMonitor while trying to start an app. Which errors do you see?

Monday, December 17, 2012 8:09 PM
    Answerer
  • tried this trouble shooter, my comp won't even open it at all, asks for "what program to open with" when launched from the downloader in an explorer window opened from the start menu. The trouble shooter opens just fine when opened from an IE window started from the desktop.

here is my scenario, I have a converted Win7 desktop, and a new Dell laptop (with an original Win8 install), both now running win8. At first, both ran the apps from the start screen just fine. But after a few days, the desktop quit being able to log into my Xbox games account. Now the laptop is starting to do the same, they attempt to launch the affected app, then it dumps you back to the start screen with the app attempting to run in the backround. When you click on the running app to bring it back to the front, it attempts to work for a little then dumps you back to start screen. More and more apps are joining the non-working app list. Most seem to be crashing when they attempt to access the internet, the internet connection is up and running (I am using the affected desktop to post this).

Also, could a moderator please consolidate all the similar threads as there seems to be about a dozen threads attempting to deal with this issue....

Update, I looked at the CAPI2 trouble shooting logs when attempting to start this service, and while I won't post the log here, it pointed to a trust issue with the Homegroup. This srikes me as odd as the Desktop (which I am using) is the originator of the Homegroup. I left and rejoined the Homegroup and the problem still exists.

• Edited by RBowers Sunday, December 23, 2012 5:29 PM
    Sunday, December 23, 2012 2:54 PM