none
The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum.

Question

• hi,

I need help getting my system booted.... I have a acer aspire m3100d desktop.  When I turn it on it  only  brings up the logo page for system but then is shows this error.  My system also uses the os system vista I need alot of help... im not sure why im having this issue...  Even stranger when i purchased my computer it came with no install disk for the vista program or even for my system nor a paper manual. And the vendor circut city nolonger is avaliable in my area so im as a loss.

Please help,
     Chanel

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 5:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your update.

Regarding corrupted boot system files, let's back up all data and insert a Vista Recovery disk to do a repair in place. If you don't own a Windows Vista Recovery disc, you can download the ISO file at the supplied link, and make a Bootable Disk from it. For detail information, please visit the following website:

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/   

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Friday, June 26, 2009 2:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

As I know, Acer provides eRecovery for users to return the system to the original factory installation. To troubleshoot this kind of issue, I would like to propose the following suggestions:

1.     Boot in Safe Mode to run disk check utility.

a)     Start the computer and press F8 to choose Safe Mode.

b)     Open a command prompt to run command chkdsk /f.

c)     Type Y and restart the computer.

2.     Use Acer eRecovery to fix this issue, for more information, please visit the following website.

How to use Acer eRecovery

http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/portal20.cfm?recordid=1156&formid=3390&website=AcerPanAm.com/us&siteid=7293&words=all&keywords=&areaid=7

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Thursday, June 25, 2009 5:46 AM
  • hello  again.

I did as you suggested & attempted to run my system in safe mode.  However, I wsnt successfull......
    But & tried the Acer eRecovery link that you provided & upon using that I received a new error messge stating

"NTLDR is corrupt. The system cannot boot."

Please let me know if theres anything else i might be able to try to resolve my issue.

thanks again for the valueable advice.

Thursday, June 25, 2009 2:58 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your update.

Regarding corrupted boot system files, let's back up all data and insert a Vista Recovery disk to do a repair in place. If you don't own a Windows Vista Recovery disc, you can download the ISO file at the supplied link, and make a Bootable Disk from it. For detail information, please visit the following website:

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/   

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Friday, June 26, 2009 2:19 AM
  • Well mates,

Today I faced the same problem with Windows Vista Ultimate. Tried all possible solutions listen here and yet nothing.

I tried booting with the Windows Vista DVD and the Fix startup option and nothing

I tried making a chkdsk /f and nothing

I tried fixing the boot record with bootrec and nothing

Doing a memory test as other forums says and nothing

Finally I fixed it by doing this:

1) Booting with the Windows Vista DVD

2) Going to the command prompt

3) Replacing the BOOTMGR (Its hidden, so you need to remove the SHR attributes to copy it) found in the booting unit with the one found in the Windows Vista CD.

Problem solved.

Hope it helps.

• Proposed as answer by GardoneVT Saturday, March 20, 2010 4:06 PM
    Saturday, March 20, 2010 3:31 PM
  • Hello,

I had this problem and I discovered that it was related to failed memory on my computer.  I ran a Windows Memory Test on Windows 7 and discovered the failed memory.  Once I replaced the memory, I booted up the machine without any problems.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 11:33 PM
  • hi im tryin to fix my acer 5920g i5 bought from ebay i got no discs with it. im tryin to fix this file header problem. im running a hirens boot disc mini xp to get my files off the laptop. ive dled a vista recovery disc but have had no luck. i was wondering how you did

3) Replacing the BOOTMGR (Its hidden, so you need to remove the SHR attributes to copy it) found in the booting unit with the one found in the Windows Vista CD.

i dont know how to do this ive tryed system restore and other boot command prompts and also can not get into safe mode it does not seem to have one. ny help would be good as i dont want to have to buy vista again and a acer rec disc.

Sunday, November 14, 2010 4:11 PM
  • Hi ,its a hardware issue and you need to replace one of your rams with new one , in order to know which ram is damaged simply remove both rams and try placing one at time and boot the system ,once you discover the damaged ram remove it after switching off your computer and replace it with a new one .
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:40 PM
  • Just had this issue yesterday,... and when I removed the ram. it started working with one of the rams.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I had better back up my data before I get any more setbacks

Monday, December 27, 2010 2:25 AM
  • this also happened to my laptop yesterday. i have a compaq cq40 and runing windows seven starter.

tried removing each ram to determine the damage one but every time i remove a ram, my caps lock and num lock will blink 4 times (with means something is wrong with my grafix control, based on hp forums).

anyone have any idea about this please...

Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:57 AM
  • After reading your post, I pulled out memory sticks out of my Dell OptiPlex 755 one-by-one until I found the bad memory stick.  Windows 7 booted fine after finding the bad stick...  Thanks!!

Friday, October 07, 2011 12:19 AM
  • Yeah it was RAM in my Packard Bell PC too. I found the secondary stick to be faulty due to the dreaded BGA soldering issue. I got the heat gun on it for a few minutes and now it is working again. Thanks all!
    Monday, May 14, 2012 2:58 PM
  • Hi, Thanks ovdiem, its working. I solved my problem. Thanks
    Saturday, February 16, 2013 8:17 PM