none
hpqwmiex module

Question

•  

Hello

I get this error message when I boot up my Laptop: hpqwmiex module has stopped working.

I have installed windows latesr updates and scanned my pc but I still get this message. Please let me know if there is any way of getting around this without installing a new virous scanner,...

Thanks

Sheeva

Monday, September 15, 2008 11:37 AM

Answers

• Hello,

The file hpqwmiex.exe is a process associated with HP ProtectTools security manager or HP Image Zone Express from Hewlett-Packard Development Company.

Please click Start -> Control Panel -> double click Program and Features -> Remove either HP ProtectTools security manager or HP Image Zone Express.

If the software could not be removed, please involve HP Manufacturer for the further supports.

After uninstalling the program, if the problem persists, let's perform a Clean Boot. A Clean Boot will allow us to isolate any device drivers or programs that are loading at startup that may be causing a conflict with other device drivers or programs that are installed in your computer.

Start Windows in Clean Boot mode

Note: You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group to complete this procedure.

1) Click Start.

2) Copy and paste "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in the Start Search box, and click Enter.

3) Switch to Services tab and then Check Hide All Microsoft Services.

4) Click Disable All.

5) Switch to the Startup tab and then Click Disable all.

6) Click OK.

7) Click Restart to restart the computer and test the issue.

If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service we have disabled. You can use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

Good luck!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:15 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The file hpqwmiex.exe is a process associated with HP ProtectTools security manager or HP Image Zone Express from Hewlett-Packard Development Company.

Please click Start -> Control Panel -> double click Program and Features -> Remove either HP ProtectTools security manager or HP Image Zone Express.

If the software could not be removed, please involve HP Manufacturer for the further supports.

After uninstalling the program, if the problem persists, let's perform a Clean Boot. A Clean Boot will allow us to isolate any device drivers or programs that are loading at startup that may be causing a conflict with other device drivers or programs that are installed in your computer.

Start Windows in Clean Boot mode

Note: You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group to complete this procedure.

1) Click Start.

2) Copy and paste "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in the Start Search box, and click Enter.

3) Switch to Services tab and then Check Hide All Microsoft Services.

4) Click Disable All.

5) Switch to the Startup tab and then Click Disable all.

6) Click OK.

7) Click Restart to restart the computer and test the issue.

If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service we have disabled. You can use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

Good luck!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:15 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it seems that I don't have such programs in my PC. All the HP programs installed on my PC are: HP Customer Experience Enhancement, HP Easy Setup, HP Help and Support, HP Product Detection and  HP UpDates. I would really appreciate it if you could help me further.

Thanks,

Sheeva

Saturday, September 20, 2008 11:46 AM
  • Before going any further, let us perform the Windows Clean Boot instructions to disable all startup items and remove all HP related programs from the computer; if the problem still persists, you should contact HP support center for the further supports as the issue is caused by their software product. Please understand that I do not mean to bounce you between supports; I just want to involve enough resource and direct you to the right channel to resolve this problem quickly. Thanks for your time and understanding!

Monday, September 22, 2008 4:27 AM