none
keyboard makes sounds but is not typing. I can type password to sign on, but nothing else...it just clicks. I have Windows 7 Home premium - inspiron keyboard issues

Question

• keyboard makes sounds but is not typing. I can type password to sign on, but nothing else...it just clicks.  I have  Windows 7 Home premium - inspiron keyboard issues
    Saturday, August 25, 2012 10:02 PM

Answers

• your keyboard is faulty,,Ms Theresa just replace it or you have an options make un apdates in your keybord ..Right click my computer, device manager, right click the keyboard and update or unistall update driver,,as matter of your options..

Just give feedback!!

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.

Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:01 AM
  • Hi,

Please check this issue on another computer.

If the keyboard can work well, it probably like the drive problem. You should download the latest driver from this hardware website.

If the problem persist, it should be the hardware problem. You may buy a new one instead or contact to this keyboard manufactory for help.

Your Name

TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 27, 2012 9:15 AM

All replies

• your keyboard is faulty,,Ms Theresa just replace it or you have an options make un apdates in your keybord ..Right click my computer, device manager, right click the keyboard and update or unistall update driver,,as matter of your options..

Just give feedback!!

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.

Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:01 AM
  • Hi,

Please check this issue on another computer.

If the keyboard can work well, it probably like the drive problem. You should download the latest driver from this hardware website.

If the problem persist, it should be the hardware problem. You may buy a new one instead or contact to this keyboard manufactory for help.

Your Name

TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 27, 2012 9:15 AM
  • keyboard drivers most likely loaded during the windows installation setup,,you cannot find drivers in the manufacturers website but rather only updates,,right click the keyboard if it is mark as yellow means faulty..then choose automatically brouwse ,,does it!!

---------------------------

just give me feedback if it is helpful!!

Thursday, September 06, 2012 9:16 PM