none
Windows 8.1 Crash with Gear Head Wireless Mouse

Question

• I recently bought a Gear Head wireless mouse model number MPT3200RED and almost every time I plug it in Windows crashes with a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE.  I have tried uninstalling all of the USB devices in the system device manager and installing the most current drivers from the Gear Head website as well as trying different USB ports, however all end with the same result.  I am running Windows 8.1 on an HP laptop that is approximately one year old.  Below is a link to my DMP files and system information.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=B812E330544A24BA!784&authkey=!AK1v9cj3WavqiXU&ithint=file%2c.zip

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• HG

These crashes are Related to NMgamingms.sys USB Optical Mouse Driver from Primax Ltd.  Your driver is almost 4 years old (long before win 8).  I would re-install the newest driver available.  If not new driver is available you may be able to get the old one to work by re-installing it in "compatibility mode"

To Run in compatibility mode do the following:

Right click the installer>properties>compatibility>choose OS

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows?SignedIn=1

BugCheck 139, {3, ffffd00024c552d0, ffffd00024c55228, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NMgamingms.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NMgamingms.sys
    Probably caused by : NMgamingms.sys ( NMgamingms+1cbb )

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:33 PM
  • The NMgamingms.sys driver installs automatically when I plug the wireless mouse USB receiver in.  It does not appear that I have the option of allowing it to install in compatibility mode.  I am also unable to find the driver any newer than the 2007 version currently being installed.
    Wednesday, November 27, 2013 3:00 PM