none
metro apps can not connect to internet!

Question

• i have a very serious problem in windows8
    about 2 or 3 days after installing windows 8 RTM build 9200, none of metro apps can access internet connection!!!! store,people,evernote, weather,.... dey can not connect to internet
    i have to refresh windows and fix it (but by refreshing all my apps will be removed)

my time zone is : UTC+3:30 Tehran

I use US vpn to connect to store, first tow days after refreshing windows everything is ok but after that, again i can not connect

i had this problem with CP and RP versions too.

any suggestion??

Sunday, August 19, 2012 4:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I suspect this is related to app network isolation, please check the network settings referring to the following document:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831418.aspx

For more information about Windows Firewall in Windows 8, please refer to:

Windows Firewall with Advanced Security Overview
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831365.aspx

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:29 AM
    about 2 or 3 days after installing windows 8 RTM build 9200, none of metro apps can access internet connection!!!! store,people,evernote, weather,.... dey can not connect to internet
    i have to refresh windows and fix it (but by refreshing all my apps will be removed)

I use US vpn to connect to store, first tow days after refreshing windows everything is ok but after that, again i can not connect

any suggestion??

hi i am using windows pro with media center recently i got problem with metro apps not working or can not connect with internet.i am using avast internet security, windows defender disable uac disable windows smart screen enabled these i configure on my own.just go to this address a*df.ly/EZ1vC (remove * then copy paste) and install it run this application and click on left corner win8 config click refresh now click exempt all save it.close it, and minimized to try or ctrl+m add it on windows startup thats it all apps workin like charm with mention above config.

Saturday, November 10, 2012 4:29 PM

any suggestion??

I have this problem to, if you use Proxifier remove winsockes in proxifier system setting, it shoud be ok ;)
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:26 AM
  • I had the same issues a few days after setting up my new Win 8 pc my Metro apps stopped being able to access the internet.  Had to turn it off and back on just to be sure it was not a fluke before troubleshooting but the problem persisted. I do not know if anyone else noticed this but when I went back to the password login and stopped using the picture login the problem disappeared. I did reproduce the issue when I logged in with the picture login and it stopped again when I started using the text based password input. It is almost like Metro is not authenticating properly when I use the picture login.

I am very interested if anyone else has noticed this that is having the problem.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:44 PM