none
Windows Media Player wont add files to library....?

Question

• WMP will not add music I have downloaded to the library anymore. I was importing lots of new music and everything was going fine. Now, even when i select the folder the exact cd is located in, it will not add it to the library. I have opened the files and they open in WMP, but it still does not add them to the library. What is going on? Im really aggravated because I spent a lot of time making sure everything was properly tagged in WMP and I dont want to have to get another media player and redo the whole process. Can anyone explain how to get my files into the library. They are all mp3 and no sort of protection is placed on them and they are located on my computers hard drive. Thank you...
    Friday, July 27, 2012 3:06 PM

Answers

• First, please make sure that the files really aren't in the library, possibly under a different artist (or under Unknown), or in a different section (such as Other media).

If that doesn't help, I suggest that you try resetting the media library. First note that resetting the library will make you lose all current play counts, and possibly ratings too. Then, follow these steps:

- Reboot the PC.
    - Go to Start, type services.msc in the Search field, and press Enter. In Services, find the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service. If its status is Started, double-click the service and click Stop.
    - Go to Start, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft in the Search field, and press Enter. This folder will open up in Windows Explorer.
    - In this folder, delete the Media Player folder. If you can't see the folder, then it's probably hidden. Set Explorer to show hidden files and folders, and to show protected system files.
    - Start WMP, your library will have been reset and will be rebuilt. Check if the files get added now.

Tim De Baets
    http://www.bm-productions.tk

Friday, July 27, 2012 6:47 PM