none
Taskbar has changed to a pale, washed out grey colour?

Question

• This happened ever since my computer downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes + Quicktime, I restarted the computer after installing because it told me to and when I log back in, the taskbar is this pale, washed out, grey colour. It might not have been because of installing the updates but that was the point at which it changed colour. It still has the same design, just the colour is different. It only changes back to the normal black colour when I have a window such as Firefox internet or microsoft word open, anything that is maximised. When I make the window smaller or if i minimise it, the taskbar goes back to the pale, washed out grey colour. I can't use that snipping tool because when I open snipping tool ot goes back to normal black again. This is really annoying. I would like to make my taskbar go back to normal please. Does anyone know what to do?

I have Microsoft Windows Vista Home Permium running on a HP Compaq presario v3000 laptop with an nVidia 6150 graphics card and 2GB of RAM.
    Saturday, February 02, 2008 3:35 AM

All replies

•  

I did not understand a picture helps us much press print screen and paste into paint and upload or use snipping tool

check services Desktop Window Manager Session Manager is running and automatic and reload your aero theme again

Sunday, February 03, 2008 8:36 AM
  • Hmm ... maybe your transperancy has got disabled.Pls check that first.

Rt click desktop > personalize > windows colours & app  

Sunday, February 03, 2008 1:39 PM
  • Yes, reloading aero worked. Why didn't i think of that before? Thanks for the idea anyway, I would not have done that if you didn't say.

By the way, I said I couldnt use windows sniping tool because then the taskbar would go back to normal. 

thank you!
    Monday, February 04, 2008 8:17 AM
  • Hi,

I had the same problem, and had found out the culpret.

I recently install Nero and found out by using windows defender to close all startup programs down, then rebooting to see if that fixed the problem.

Yes after quite a few reboots I found it to be Nero's InCD that caused the conflict, Simply disable it and that I'm sure will fix your problem.

If you dont have nero installed it could be a conflicting program, do as above until you find the offending program.

By the way if you have Nero installed and find it to be your problem, please email nero and ask for a fix, as they wont do anything untill the have several complaints,

Hope that help you  Rob

Saturday, April 04, 2009 12:07 PM