none
Generic bluetooth driver for Windows 8.1

Question

• Hi ,

When I install windows 8.1 theres is no Bluetooth driver installed in it. I have laptop with dell wireless 365 Bluetooth card. I am unable to get the driver from dell website for it. my laptop Dell Inspiron N4030.

I want to know isn't there any generic driver available in windows 8.1 for Bluetooth support as it provides many generic drivers upon installing.

thanks

Thank You , Shan Ali Khan

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 6:05 PM

Answers

• Hi, 

Please understand that all drivers in Windows update is produce from manufacturer and pass the Windows Logo Program testing are candidates for distribution on Windows Update.

If the manufacturer will not publish new drivers, Windows update will still cannot get them. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Shan Khan Thursday, December 19, 2013 8:44 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Shan Khan Thursday, December 19, 2013 8:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Shan Khan Thursday, December 19, 2013 8:45 AM
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Since Windows 8.1 was just released for a couple of weeks, we'd better to wait for some compatible drivers and update packages for your game from manufacturers.

We can try to install drivers applied to Windows 7 in compatible mode for test. If it doesn’t work, we have to wait for Dell’s update.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/uk/en/ukdhs1/Product/inspiron-14-n4030

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Thanks for your understandings.

Kate Li

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 1:03 PM
  • Actually Dell said it will not release any drivers for windows 8 or 8.1 for N4030.

I thought there may be some update of generic driver provided by Microsoft for bluetooth...

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 2:08 PM
  • Hi, 

Please understand that all drivers in Windows update is produce from manufacturer and pass the Windows Logo Program testing are candidates for distribution on Windows Update.

If the manufacturer will not publish new drivers, Windows update will still cannot get them. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Kate Li

• Marked as answer by Shan Khan Thursday, December 19, 2013 8:44 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Shan Khan Thursday, December 19, 2013 8:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Shan Khan Thursday, December 19, 2013 8:45 AM
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:43 AM
  • I have a dell inspiron 9400/e1705 laptop with this Bluetooth chip. Broadcom has made new drivers; not dell. Microsoft has made windows update driver available 1 January 2014. I can not get it to work fully. Shows Bluetooth near clock on taskbar.. but does not function. Device shows Grey blank screen, and hangs. Show Bluetooth device screen hangs and is blank.
    • Edited by eric4211 Thursday, January 02, 2014 2:09 AM
    Thursday, January 02, 2014 2:05 AM
  • I have the same problem. I am very disappointed and confused why I do not have a viable Bluetooth driver. I just bought a Vizio sound bar and it is able to pair with my iPod Touch but not my new Dell Inspiron. Why was I not told this before I bought my Dell and upgraded to 8.1?
    Monday, January 13, 2014 9:29 PM
  • Hello,

I also have the same laptop model N4030. Thus, I would like to ask you about the drivers for windows 8.1. So, do all the drivers automatically install in dell N4030 beside Bluetooth?

I am looking forward to receive your answer soon.

Thanks,
    Friday, January 17, 2014 5:35 PM
  • Dell doenst provide support for our model N4030 :( for windows 8 / 8.1

between its very stragne that Microsoft didnt provide any generic bluetooth driver for windows 8.1 !

Friday, January 17, 2014 5:57 PM
  • I am also using the N4030 but my bluetooth works fine you had 2 option for installing driver ,First is install the driver from the dell.com i know the setup won't run directly so we need to install it on different way 
    →  First download your Bluetooth driver and extract it.
    → Now go to C:delldrivers and find the bluetooth setup file folder .
    → Now open Win32 (for 32-bit) or Win64 (for 64-bit) and find BtwMM.exe and install it.
    → After installed BtwMM.exe, now find Inst.exe and install it.
    → Now check your Bluetooth device.

Next idea is :-
    Download this software and install it
     http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01052616M/1/Network_Application_C71DK_WN_12.0_A02.EXE
    Really easy and works fine

Thursday, June 19, 2014 5:02 AM