none
VPN connection problem, error code 800 "The remote connection was not made because the attempted VPN tunnels failed".

Question

• I have a windows 7 pro workstation with one network adapter that I have configured to accept incoming VPN connections.  I can connect to it via VPN on the local subnet and it shows 1 incoming connection.  However I can't connect to it from another machine over the Internet and I get error 800.  I have a public IP that is NAT to the adapter and the only firewall in between is the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.  I've created 2 rules, 1 to allow TCP 1723 and another to allow GRE but it still won't accept connections.  What could the problem be?

I can connect to the computer via RDP so it doesn't appear to be a TCP firewall issue and I can also telnet 1723 from another computer on the Internet.

Also, I have a SBS 2003 server that accepts VPN connections on another public IP address (in the same block) and that works fine.  I've tried disabling the Firewall service altogether in Windows 7 Pro, but that seems to block all incoming connections.

• Edited by juicejug1016 Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:49 PM Additional helpful info
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:42 PM

Answers

All replies